Old 13-08-2012, 06:58 AM posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '05 Brun Fleurie

Today, Andrew spent the afternoon at a local amusement park with a
friend's family. Taking advantage of his absence, we decided to cook a
more elaborate dinner, which tonight consisted of rabbit in mustard
sauce, gratin Dauphinoise and sauteed kale. With this meal, we opened:

2005 Dom. de la Terre Dorees Fleurie
nose: initially, tight and briery; with air, dark cherries and
minerality with a slight floral overtone
palate: initially, chalky tannins; with air, very smooth and
medium-light body

Some guy with the nym of DaleW posted a note on Cellartracker 4 years
ago talking about how tight and closed in this wine was. Well, it still
is a bit tight and youthful, but after an initial taste we decanted half
the bottle and gave it a lot of aeration. Although the wine still tasted
a bit tight even after the aeration, when paired with the rabbit it was
transformed into a fruit, smooth wine. One of the better food/wine
pairings I've had in recent months, this one really worked.

Mark Lipton

Old 13-08-2012, 07:07 PM posted to alt.food.wine

On Monday, August 13, 2012 1:58:12 AM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
[...]

CT says I still have one, thanks for reminder!
Old 13-08-2012, 11:26 PM posted to alt.food.wine

On Monday, August 13, 2012 12:07:30 PM UTC-6, DaleW wrote:
[...]

I really like the Brun Beauolais but can't get it in New Mexico. May try to see if they have it in Texas.

[TN] '10 Brun Blanc Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 0 30-05-2013 06:05 AM
TN: JP Brun Morgon DaleW Wine 2 20-10-2008 05:37 PM
TN Brun Fleurie DaleW Wine 1 07-07-2007 04:17 PM
TN: Brun Brouilly and Cline Zin DaleW Wine 1 14-04-2006 05:24 PM
TN: Brun Fleurie and Cairnbrae SB DaleW Wine 2 10-03-2006 09:52 PM