Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Champagnes, Chianti, St. Amour, Sancerre

Friday was Cider braised chicken on stuffing. Wine was the 2011 Domaine des Billards St Amour. Fresh red cherry and strawberry, herbal without being green, good finish. B+/B

Some friends came over Sat (separate rooms, tables facing through doorway with air purifier between
Smoked salmon/fromage blanc canapes
Lentil soup (small amuse portions), sourdough olive bread

NV Charles Ellner Carte Blanche Brut Champagne
Nutty, apple verging on apple cider, apparently high dosage, a little flat, not really my style. Others liked more. C+

Main was Berkshire Pork chops(doubles, sous vide) with sage and thyme, pureed cauliflower, spinach
2018 Montesecondo Chianti Classico
Young but beautiful, classic and traditional. Brisk acids, fine tannin, black cherry rimmed with saddle leather and dried flowers. A-/B+

Oysters, sauteed scallops, Swiss chard
2010 Boulay Comtesse Sancerre
I've had some variance but this bottle was fresh, young, and long. Citrus and mineral, balanced, delicious. B+/A-

Mondays zoom was BYO bubbly to celebrate first NoTrump meeting. Betsy made lobster/njuda/pomodoro, it was really too much for the bubbly, but dish and bubbly were both excellent. The 2010 Seleque Partition Extra Brut Champagne was precise and vibrant. More mineral than fruit, chalk and flint with an elegant mouse and long finish. A-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C
drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

TN: 50 years of St. Amour DaleW Wine 1 14-03-2017 06:58 PM
TN: NY heatwave, with St Amour, Puligny, CA wines, Lores, Provence DaleW Wine 0 12-08-2016 04:10 PM
Chicken Amour Dreaming... cybercat[_7_] General Cooking 2 23-09-2009 02:10 AM
TN: '66 Ducru, several Champagnes, many more DaleW Wine 0 08-10-2006 02:44 AM
Chianti Classico Tasting.. Great Chianti's and an AMAZING Vin Santo Wildetuinn Wine 0 15-09-2006 08:06 AM