Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: CalChard, Languedoc, Rosso di Montalcino

On 7/3/19 8:48 AM, DaleW wrote:
> Sunday was lovely, and we went over to friends (hound in tow) for dinner on their deck. We carried the appetizers- radish leaf pesto on radish, garlic scape pesto crostini, celery with Robiola, and then when we sat down some sea bass crudo. Plus Nancy had a gazpacho shrimp cocktail

I am very jealous of your ability to make crudo. Few of the fish we get
in Santa Fe are fresh enough to justify crudo. We often drink Sake with
crudos when we can make them.

> 2014 Mt. Eden Edna Valley Chardonnay
> Good acids for CalChard, just a hint of oak, citrus fruit coming before the pear/apple white fruits. Good balance, nice length. Good value. B
> Dinner was ribs, corn, baked beans, & slaw
>
> 2006 Stella di Campalto Rosso di Montalcino
> Ambitious aging a Rosso this long, but it worked out fine. New producer to me. Midweight, black cherry and dried cherry, leather. Bright acids, still a hint of tannins, lovely and lively Sangiovese. B+
>
> 2009 Ch. de Flaugergues (Languedoc)
> This on the other hand is not my style. Big, jammy, and beginning to crack up, lots of alcohol and VA on nose. C+
>
> Incredible sunset sky to finish the evening, lots of fun.
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 2:02:17 PM UTC-4, Lawrence Leichtman wrote:

> I am very jealous of your ability to make crudo. Few of the fish we get
> in Santa Fe are fresh enough to justify crudo. We often drink Sake with
> crudos when we can make them.

If you look you'll see most of my crudo making is on weekends, as great purveyor at farmers' markets (Hastings on Sat and Irvington on Sun). If I want to make midweek need to travel a bit more.

2012 Pian Delle Vigne Rosso di Montalcino Michael Nielsen[_4_] Wine 6 25-11-2015 09:40 AM
TN: Rosso di Montalcino (a bit atypical) DaleW Wine 0 01-12-2009 03:05 PM
WTN: Bdx, CalChard, Vouvray DaleW Wine 3 05-02-2008 02:59 PM
TN:1999 Poliziano Rosso di Montalcino Bi!! Wine 2 22-03-2007 12:22 PM
TN: 1998 Collosorbo Rosso di Montalcino Mark Lipton Wine 6 09-11-2004 06:53 AM