FoodBanter.com

-   -   jammy (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/445002-jammy.html)

RichD 03-11-2018 08:14 PM

jammy

What's a 'jammy' wine?

Can anyone suggest a particular bottle, which exemplifies this character?

--
Rich

DaleW[_2_] 04-11-2018 02:03 AM

jammy

On Saturday, November 3, 2018 at 4:15:00 PM UTC-4, RichD wrote:
> What's a 'jammy' wine?
>
> Can anyone suggest a particular bottle, which exemplifies this character?
>
> --
> Rich

Um, one with flavors that remind you of jam? :)
Typically used for red wines with very sweet fruit profiles (especially cooked berry) and low acidity.
Lots of examples, popular/easily available wines might include The Prisoner or Apothic

RichD 06-11-2018 03:10 AM

jammy

On November 3, DaleW wrote:
>> What's a 'jammy' wine?

>> Can anyone suggest a particular bottle, which exemplifies this character?

> Um, one with flavors that remind you of jam? :)
> Typically used for red wines with very sweet fruit profiles (
> especially cooked berry) and low acidity.

Sounds like all the sweet wines I ever tried, i.e. ick

> Lots of examples, popular/easily available wines might include
> The Prisoner or Apothic

Are any of them drinkable?

Though in some reviews, I've seen 'jammy' used as praise -

--
Rich

Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] 06-11-2018 05:24 PM

jammy

On 11/5/18 9:10 PM, RichD wrote:
> On November 3, DaleW wrote:
>>> What's a 'jammy' wine?

>>> Can anyone suggest a particular bottle, which exemplifies this character?

>> Um, one with flavors that remind you of jam? :)
>> Typically used for red wines with very sweet fruit profiles (
>> especially cooked berry) and low acidity.

> Sounds like all the sweet wines I ever tried, i.e. ick
>
>> Lots of examples, popular/easily available wines might include
>> The Prisoner or Apothic

> Are any of them drinkable?
>
> Though in some reviews, I've seen 'jammy' used as praise -
>

> --
> Rich

It really depends what you like. I find jammy wines to be undrinkable.
They are usually just way too gloppy for me to enjoy them but I have
friends who love these and I buy them just to serve them only sipping a
bit of them.