Old 03-11-2018, 09:14 PM posted to alt.food.wine

Default jammy

What's a 'jammy' wine?

Can anyone suggest a particular bottle, which exemplifies this character?

--
Rich

Old 04-11-2018, 03:03 AM posted to alt.food.wine

On Saturday, November 3, 2018 at 4:15:00 PM UTC-4, RichD wrote:
What's a 'jammy' wine?

Can anyone suggest a particular bottle, which exemplifies this character?

--
Rich

Um, one with flavors that remind you of jam?
Typically used for red wines with very sweet fruit profiles (especially cooked berry) and low acidity.
Lots of examples, popular/easily available wines might include The Prisoner or Apothic
Old 06-11-2018, 04:10 AM posted to alt.food.wine

On November 3, DaleW wrote:
What's a 'jammy' wine?

Can anyone suggest a particular bottle, which exemplifies this character?

Um, one with flavors that remind you of jam?
Typically used for red wines with very sweet fruit profiles (
especially cooked berry) and low acidity.

Sounds like all the sweet wines I ever tried, i.e. ick

Lots of examples, popular/easily available wines might include
The Prisoner or Apothic

Are any of them drinkable?

Though in some reviews, I've seen 'jammy' used as praise -

--
Rich

Old 06-11-2018, 06:24 PM posted to alt.food.wine

On 11/5/18 9:10 PM, RichD wrote:
On November 3, DaleW wrote:
What's a 'jammy' wine?

Can anyone suggest a particular bottle, which exemplifies this character?

Um, one with flavors that remind you of jam?
Typically used for red wines with very sweet fruit profiles (
especially cooked berry) and low acidity.

Sounds like all the sweet wines I ever tried, i.e. ick

Lots of examples, popular/easily available wines might include
The Prisoner or Apothic

Are any of them drinkable?

Though in some reviews, I've seen 'jammy' used as praise -

--
Rich

It really depends what you like. I find jammy wines to be undrinkable.
They are usually just way too gloppy for me to enjoy them but I have
friends who love these and I buy them just to serve them only sipping a
bit of them.