FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: Loire, Beaujolais, Burg, Tuscan, Rioja, Cava, etc (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/442358-tn-loire-beaujolais-burg.html)

DaleW 06-11-2017 07:34 PM

TN: Loire, Beaujolais, Burg, Tuscan, Rioja, Cava, etc

With some marinated chicken from HMart, the 2016 Clos de la Roilette (Coudert) Fleurie. Sweet berries, some noticeable tannin, a little minty note. Fresh and long. Cant wait to try Tardive. B+

Before dinner Friday I shucked a few oysters, and opened the 2016 Pepiere €śClos des Briords€ť Muscadet. Nice showing - lemon and seashell, full with racy acids, saline/rock finish. B+/A-

Broiled teriyaki salmon, rice with furikake, and bok choy. Wine was the 2014 Raventos €śde Nit€ť (Conca del Riu Anoia) . Tight bead, bright red fruit, but unlike previous bottles this seemed a little clipped and dull. Off bottle? C+/B-

Saturday we went to some friends home for dinner and to see their son, who just finished an Army rotation in Korea. We carried the appetizers- canapes of lonza and smoked salmon (not together), plus warm crostini with cheddar with olives. The 2014 Avinyo Cava Brut Reserva was soft and a little sweet, with a vanillin note (oak?). B-

A nice salad with bacon and apple, then lamb shanks with orange zest on white beans.

2005 Lopez de Heredia €śBosconia€ť Rioja Reserva
Beautiful, elegant showing. Black cherry and plum, citrus zest, spice. Balanced and pretty.. B+/A-

1995 Felsina Fontalloro
Black cherry, leather, underbrush. Resolved tannins, balance acids, tasty and ready. B+

2013 Petit Saint Vincent €śLes Poyeux€ť Saumur-Champigny
Tannic, red fruited, some herb. A tad sharp and disjointed. Does not remind one of Rougeard. B-

Sunday was scallops, broccoli rabe, braised leeks, rice, and the 2015 Bzikot Bourgogne Blanc. Balanced acidity, white pear fruit, a little butterscotch note, decant length. Good food wine. B

Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] 06-11-2017 07:53 PM

On 11/6/17 12:34 PM, DaleW wrote:
> With some marinated chicken from HMart, the 2016 Clos de la Roilette (Coudert) Fleurie. Sweet berries, some noticeable tannin, a little minty note. Fresh and long. Cant wait to try Tardive. B+
>
> Before dinner Friday I shucked a few oysters, and opened the 2016 Pepiere €śClos des Briords€ť Muscadet. Nice showing - lemon and seashell, full with racy acids, saline/rock finish. B+/A-
>
> Broiled teriyaki salmon, rice with furikake, and bok choy. Wine was the 2014 Raventos €śde Nit€ť (Conca del Riu Anoia) . Tight bead, bright red fruit, but unlike previous bottles this seemed a little clipped and dull. Off bottle? C+/B-
>
> Saturday we went to some friends home for dinner and to see their son, who just finished an Army rotation in Korea. We carried the appetizers- canapes of lonza and smoked salmon (not together), plus warm crostini with cheddar with olives. The 2014 Avinyo Cava Brut Reserva was soft and a little sweet, with a vanillin note (oak?). B-
>
> A nice salad with bacon and apple, then lamb shanks with orange zest on white beans.
>
> 2005 Lopez de Heredia €śBosconia€ť Rioja Reserva
> Beautiful, elegant showing. Black cherry and plum, citrus zest, spice. Balanced and pretty.. B+/A-
>
> 1995 Felsina Fontalloro
> Black cherry, leather, underbrush. Resolved tannins, balance acids, tasty and ready. B+
>
> 2013 Petit Saint Vincent €śLes Poyeux€ť Saumur-Champigny
> Tannic, red fruited, some herb. A tad sharp and disjointed. Does not remind one of Rougeard. B-
>
> Sunday was scallops, broccoli rabe, braised leeks, rice, and the 2015 Bzikot Bourgogne Blanc. Balanced acidity, white pear fruit, a little butterscotch note, decant length. Good food wine. B
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

So the 2005 Bosconia has reached its drinking window. Haven't opened any
yet.

DaleW 06-11-2017 08:06 PM

On Monday, November 6, 2017 at 2:53:50 PM UTC-5, Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
> On 11/6/17 12:34 PM, DaleW wrote:
> > With some marinated chicken from HMart, the 2016 Clos de la Roilette (Coudert) Fleurie. Sweet berries, some noticeable tannin, a little minty note.. Fresh and long. Cant wait to try Tardive. B+
> >
> > Before dinner Friday I shucked a few oysters, and opened the 2016 Pepiere €śClos des Briords€ť Muscadet. Nice showing - lemon and seashell, full with racy acids, saline/rock finish. B+/A-
> >
> > Broiled teriyaki salmon, rice with furikake, and bok choy. Wine was the 2014 Raventos €śde Nit€ť (Conca del Riu Anoia) . Tight bead, bright red fruit, but unlike previous bottles this seemed a little clipped and dull. Off bottle? C+/B-
> >
> > Saturday we went to some friends home for dinner and to see their son, who just finished an Army rotation in Korea. We carried the appetizers- canapes of lonza and smoked salmon (not together), plus warm crostini with cheddar with olives. The 2014 Avinyo Cava Brut Reserva was soft and a little sweet, with a vanillin note (oak?). B-
> >
> > A nice salad with bacon and apple, then lamb shanks with orange zest on white beans.
> >
> > 2005 Lopez de Heredia €śBosconia€ť Rioja Reserva
> > Beautiful, elegant showing. Black cherry and plum, citrus zest, spice. Balanced and pretty.. B+/A-
> >
> > 1995 Felsina Fontalloro
> > Black cherry, leather, underbrush. Resolved tannins, balance acids, tasty and ready. B+
> >
> > 2013 Petit Saint Vincent €śLes Poyeux€ť Saumur-Champigny
> > Tannic, red fruited, some herb. A tad sharp and disjointed. Does not remind one of Rougeard. B-
> >
> > Sunday was scallops, broccoli rabe, braised leeks, rice, and the 2015 Bzikot Bourgogne Blanc. Balanced acidity, white pear fruit, a little butterscotch note, decant length. Good food wine. B
> >
> > Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
> >

> So the 2005 Bosconia has reached its drinking window. Haven't opened any
> yet.

I think it's a fairly recent release. I didn't buy, and should have, and probably will now. I think the Reserva tends to drink better young than the GR.

Mark Lipton[_1_] 07-11-2017 06:58 PM

On 11/6/17 3:06 PM, DaleW wrote:

> I think it's a fairly recent release. I didn't buy, and should have, and probably will now. I think the Reserva tends to drink better young than the GR.

Apropos of this, I just received an email offer for the '05 Tondonia.

Mark Lipton