Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Loire, Beaujolais, Burg, Tuscan, Rioja, Cava, etc

With some marinated chicken from HMart, the 2016 Clos de la Roilette (Coudert) Fleurie. Sweet berries, some noticeable tannin, a little minty note. Fresh and long. Cant wait to try Tardive. B+

Before dinner Friday I shucked a few oysters, and opened the 2016 Pepiere €śClos des Briords€ť Muscadet. Nice showing - lemon and seashell, full with racy acids, saline/rock finish. B+/A-

Broiled teriyaki salmon, rice with furikake, and bok choy. Wine was the 2014 Raventos €śde Nit€ť (Conca del Riu Anoia) . Tight bead, bright red fruit, but unlike previous bottles this seemed a little clipped and dull. Off bottle? C+/B-

Saturday we went to some friends home for dinner and to see their son, who just finished an Army rotation in Korea. We carried the appetizers- canapes of lonza and smoked salmon (not together), plus warm crostini with cheddar with olives. The 2014 Avinyo Cava Brut Reserva was soft and a little sweet, with a vanillin note (oak?). B-

A nice salad with bacon and apple, then lamb shanks with orange zest on white beans.

2005 Lopez de Heredia €śBosconia€ť Rioja Reserva
Beautiful, elegant showing. Black cherry and plum, citrus zest, spice. Balanced and pretty.. B+/A-

1995 Felsina Fontalloro
Black cherry, leather, underbrush. Resolved tannins, balance acids, tasty and ready. B+

2013 Petit Saint Vincent €śLes Poyeux€ť Saumur-Champigny
Tannic, red fruited, some herb. A tad sharp and disjointed. Does not remind one of Rougeard. B-

Sunday was scallops, broccoli rabe, braised leeks, rice, and the 2015 Bzikot Bourgogne Blanc. Balanced acidity, white pear fruit, a little butterscotch note, decant length. Good food wine. B

Posted to alt.food.wine

On 11/6/17 12:34 PM, DaleW wrote:
> With some marinated chicken from HMart, the 2016 Clos de la Roilette (Coudert) Fleurie. Sweet berries, some noticeable tannin, a little minty note. Fresh and long. Cant wait to try Tardive. B+
>
> Before dinner Friday I shucked a few oysters, and opened the 2016 Pepiere €śClos des Briords€ť Muscadet. Nice showing - lemon and seashell, full with racy acids, saline/rock finish. B+/A-
>
> Broiled teriyaki salmon, rice with furikake, and bok choy. Wine was the 2014 Raventos €śde Nit€ť (Conca del Riu Anoia) . Tight bead, bright red fruit, but unlike previous bottles this seemed a little clipped and dull. Off bottle? C+/B-
>
> Saturday we went to some friends home for dinner and to see their son, who just finished an Army rotation in Korea. We carried the appetizers- canapes of lonza and smoked salmon (not together), plus warm crostini with cheddar with olives. The 2014 Avinyo Cava Brut Reserva was soft and a little sweet, with a vanillin note (oak?). B-
>
> A nice salad with bacon and apple, then lamb shanks with orange zest on white beans.
>
> 2005 Lopez de Heredia €śBosconia€ť Rioja Reserva
> Beautiful, elegant showing. Black cherry and plum, citrus zest, spice. Balanced and pretty.. B+/A-
>
> 1995 Felsina Fontalloro
> Black cherry, leather, underbrush. Resolved tannins, balance acids, tasty and ready. B+
>
> 2013 Petit Saint Vincent €śLes Poyeux€ť Saumur-Champigny
> Tannic, red fruited, some herb. A tad sharp and disjointed. Does not remind one of Rougeard. B-
>
> Sunday was scallops, broccoli rabe, braised leeks, rice, and the 2015 Bzikot Bourgogne Blanc. Balanced acidity, white pear fruit, a little butterscotch note, decant length. Good food wine. B
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

So the 2005 Bosconia has reached its drinking window. Haven't opened any
yet.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Monday, November 6, 2017 at 2:53:50 PM UTC-5, Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
> On 11/6/17 12:34 PM, DaleW wrote:
> > With some marinated chicken from HMart, the 2016 Clos de la Roilette (Coudert) Fleurie. Sweet berries, some noticeable tannin, a little minty note.. Fresh and long. Cant wait to try Tardive. B+
> >
> > Before dinner Friday I shucked a few oysters, and opened the 2016 Pepiere €śClos des Briords€ť Muscadet. Nice showing - lemon and seashell, full with racy acids, saline/rock finish. B+/A-
> >
> > Broiled teriyaki salmon, rice with furikake, and bok choy. Wine was the 2014 Raventos €śde Nit€ť (Conca del Riu Anoia) . Tight bead, bright red fruit, but unlike previous bottles this seemed a little clipped and dull. Off bottle? C+/B-
> >
> > Saturday we went to some friends home for dinner and to see their son, who just finished an Army rotation in Korea. We carried the appetizers- canapes of lonza and smoked salmon (not together), plus warm crostini with cheddar with olives. The 2014 Avinyo Cava Brut Reserva was soft and a little sweet, with a vanillin note (oak?). B-
> >
> > A nice salad with bacon and apple, then lamb shanks with orange zest on white beans.
> >
> > 2005 Lopez de Heredia €śBosconia€ť Rioja Reserva
> > Beautiful, elegant showing. Black cherry and plum, citrus zest, spice. Balanced and pretty.. B+/A-
> >
> > 1995 Felsina Fontalloro
> > Black cherry, leather, underbrush. Resolved tannins, balance acids, tasty and ready. B+
> >
> > 2013 Petit Saint Vincent €śLes Poyeux€ť Saumur-Champigny
> > Tannic, red fruited, some herb. A tad sharp and disjointed. Does not remind one of Rougeard. B-
> >
> > Sunday was scallops, broccoli rabe, braised leeks, rice, and the 2015 Bzikot Bourgogne Blanc. Balanced acidity, white pear fruit, a little butterscotch note, decant length. Good food wine. B
> >
> > Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
> >

> So the 2005 Bosconia has reached its drinking window. Haven't opened any
> yet.

I think it's a fairly recent release. I didn't buy, and should have, and probably will now. I think the Reserva tends to drink better young than the GR.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 11/6/17 3:06 PM, DaleW wrote:

> I think it's a fairly recent release. I didn't buy, and should have, and probably will now. I think the Reserva tends to drink better young than the GR.

Apropos of this, I just received an email offer for the '05 Tondonia.

Mark Lipton