Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Lagrange haw haw haw, Clisson (not Pep), Jadot, and many more

Friday we went to Betsys sisters, they made lobster rolls, slaw, potato salad, Cambodian style corn, and we only carried an arugula salad (and wine)

2013 Campo Alegre Rueda
Citrus, mild grass notes, moderate acids. B-

2013 Rauen Grauschiefer Spatlese Halbtrocken (Mosel)
Touch of sugar, ginger, red apple, good acids but a little short and surprisingly maybe a little dilute. B-/B

2016 Triennes Rose (Cotes de Provence)
Cherry, watermelon, light floral note. Crisp, good value. B

Saturday visited the fish purveyor at our farmers market, that evening I shucked a half dozen oysters, then grilled some swordfish while Betsy made salad and couscous. Wine was the 2005 Stephane et Vincent Perraud Clisson Muscadet. Heavy bottle, riper more tropical fruit than I am used to with the Pepiere Clisson, yet still with some acidic nerve and saline/mineral finish. Long, no hurry here. I prefer the Pepiere, but this is fun.B+

Sunday I had a long day (picnic for homeless clients), but stopped at Stew Leonards for lobsters and steaks on way back from Bronx. Some friends and 2 dogs came for dinner. We started with Rons smoked mussels and some charcuterie, with the NV Gerbais Cuvee de Reserve Brut Champagne. Very enjoyable, pear and hazelnut with a little touch of baking brioche, good acids, pretty bead. B+/B

Out to the patio for dinner, Betsy made a favorite summer dish, a warm lobster salad with corn and tomato

1990 Stony Hill Chardonnay
I thought I had pulled the 1991 , which tends to show much fresher in 750 than "90, but no. Deep golden color, apple overlaid with oxidative notes and nuts. Fred likes more than me, I run for a replacement bottle (the Jadot). C/C+

2005 Bouzereau Les Grand Charrons Meursault
White fruit, a bit of citrus, touch of almond., Ready to go. OK (B-) by itself, the tangy acids in the lobster salad play with it nicely and wake it up. B/B+

2009 Jadot/Duc de Magenta Morgeot - Clos de Chapelle Chassagne-Montrachet 1er
Young but stunning. Pear, Fuji apple, lemon zest, and a touch of oak, nicely balanced with fine acids and a long chalky finish. This should get better, but why take a chance? A-

1990 Ch. Lagrange (St. Julien)
Classic ripe vintage St J, with cassis, smoke, tobacco and vanilla. Long, plush but with enough acid to balance, a pointe. A-/B+

Fred had made a lemon tart in an almond crust, and brought a dessert wine
1990 Prince Poniatowski Aigle Blanc Vouvray
Moderate sweetness, some botrytis, apples, wax, honey. Good length, nice showing. B+/B

No wine Monday with my curried tofu with soy sauce on rice

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 1:44:33 PM UTC-4, DaleW wrote:

> 1990 Ch. Lagrange (St. Julien)
> Classic ripe vintage St J, with cassis, smoke, tobacco and vanilla. Long, plush but with enough acid to balance, a pointe. A-/B+

should have noted Lagrange not served with lobster. We had gotten some grass fed Porterhouse from our CSA farmer, compared with some Stews corn fed. Flavor people voted grass fed, tender people wanted the corn.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 8/15/17 10:48 AM, DaleW wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 1:44:33 PM UTC-4, DaleW wrote:
>>
>> 1990 Ch. Lagrange (St. Julien)
>> Classic ripe vintage St J, with cassis, smoke, tobacco and vanilla. Long, plush but with enough acid to balance, a pointe. A-/B+
>>

> should have noted Lagrange not served with lobster. We had gotten some grass fed Porterhouse from our CSA farmer, compared with some Stews corn fed. Flavor people voted grass fed, tender people wanted the corn.

Lagrange would have been a weird choice for Lobster. Wouldn't have
thought you would have picked that. Disappointing to hear of the Stony
Hill. We had the '91 at a friend's house and it was great. Don't
remember the '90.

[TN] '05 Granite de Clisson Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 1 01-09-2009 01:06 PM
[TN] '96 Lagrange Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 4 15-05-2009 04:31 PM
TN: '95 Fiefs de Lagrange DaleW Wine 8 04-05-2009 06:26 PM
TN: CRB Numero 5, 2nd of Cos, '02 Lagrange DaleW Wine 2 19-03-2006 03:59 PM
Chateau Lagrange?? Vincent Wine 6 23-08-2004 07:55 AM