Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Syrahs, Roses, Sagrantino, Gamay, Malbec

Tuesday I had fish/meat balls from HMart in ramen with some veggies, sort of a fake pho.
The 2015 Ique Malbec was straightforward and easy- plush berry and plum fruit, no apparent oak, light tannins. This would do well as house red in a tavern/burger place. B-

Wednesday I was supposed to be picking up Betsy at LGA, but mechanical difficulties delayed first leg enough she knew shed miss connection, so she spent another night in Sacramento. The hound and I went over the hill to some friends, where a bass player and his lab from Brooklyn were also visiting. Dogs had a ball, and so did humans. Started with macadamias, pate, and home-smoked salmon

2015 Cantalupo €śIl Mimo€ť
Fuller style of rose, comes across as heavy and maybe a little hot. B-

2013 Raventos €śDe Nit€ť Cava Brut Rosado
Pale, crisp, fresh Raspberries and strawberries, light floral notes. B+/B

Then ribs, slaw, tomato salad, and baked beans

2013 Tensley €śLite: Syrah
And lite it was (12.3 abv I believe). I quite liked - bright berries, floral funk, bright and lively. B+/B

2008 Adanti Sagrantino di Montefalco
Big, somewhat extracted, but holds it well. Black plums, some cocoa, some tannin. B/B+

2014 Guy France €śBouquet de Syrah€ť (VdP lArdeche)
Reductive syrah nose. Just too rubbery for me. Possible it blew off, but hound and I walked home. For pop n pour C/C+

Thursday I DID pick up Betsy, and took her home to an assortment of mostly leftovers. Ribs, steak, caprese, bok choy, and squash. Wine was the 2014 JP Brun/Terre Doree €śLAncien€ť Beaujolais VV. Lovely cherry and raspberry fruit, earth, forest floor. Lively, with more tannin than you normally get in Beaujolais AC, no hurry on these. B+

food Wine in Italy Sagrantino Photo gallery no[_3_] Wine 4 13-11-2010 12:51 AM
TN: 1979 Gruaud, plus 3 roses and a Loire gamay DaleW Wine 0 23-07-2009 07:12 PM
BC Syrahs Bill S. Wine 0 17-07-2007 02:52 AM
Sagrantino UC Wine 1 12-08-2006 12:16 PM
Sagrantino Montefalco 25° 2000 Robert Wine 0 22-10-2004 01:32 AM