Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Tuscany, Ruwer, Alsace

I was at stove on Tuesday, with a bean/kale/yam korma and sauteed mushrooms.. Wine was the 2009 Trimbach Gewurztraminer (this is the regular yellow label). Good for level -dry, good typicity with lichee, flowers, and citrus peel, modest finish but a pleasant easygoing wine. B/B-

Wednesday was lamb chops, polenta, and red onions with the 2009 Felsina Fontalloro. Understandably quite primary and big at first, with air gains a bit of complexity. Red fruits, leather, a little cocoa. Good balance, but a lot of tannin here, needs time. B+/B for drinking now, expect to get better.

Thursday was pork bulgogi with an Asian accented (ginger, soy, sesame) slaw and brown rice. Wine was the 2012 von Schubert/Maximin Grunhauser Riesling QbA. Just off-dry, juicy Granny Smith fruit with a squirt of lime juice, minerally, very good length for level. I quite ejoy this! B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.