Posted to alt.food.wine

Default No more Bressan for me

Too bad, I liked the couple I've tried.I don't try to "vet" producers re social views, but once I read this I believe all of Bressan's wines would leave a very sour taste in my mouth:

http://dobianchi.com/2013/08/23/
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 8/23/13 3:07 PM, DaleW wrote:
> Too bad, I liked the couple I've tried.I don't try to "vet" producers
> re social views, but once I read this I believe all of Bressan's
> wines would leave a very sour taste in my mouth:
>
> http://dobianchi.com/2013/08/23/

Yes, just sad to see. It's likely that his views aren't unique in the
wine world, but by making them so public he's certainly taken himself
off my radar.

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 16:47:41 -0400, Mark Lipton wrote:

> Yes, just sad to see. It's likely that his views aren't unique in the
> wine world, but by making them so public he's certainly taken himself
> off my radar.

Yikes. That is some extremist speech, even if the sentiments are not
unique, the vitriol probably very nearly is. Even if he apologizes, his
true colours are revealed.

I would hope that a consumer boycott would be pretty general.

--
Questions about wine? Check the FAQ. http://winefaq.cwdjr.net
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Friday, August 23, 2013 2:07:26 PM UTC-5, DaleW wrote:
> Too bad, I liked the couple I've tried.I don't try to "vet" producers re social views, but once I read this I believe all of Bressan's wines would leave a very sour taste in my mouth:
>

> http://dobianchi.com/2013/08/23/

The blog for which you give the url does have something I found very useful on the same page as the Bressan incident. See the link to it at http://dobianchi.com/italian-grape-n...ation-project/ . I am likely not the only one who has trouble with pronunciation of Italian wine names, especially the more obscure ones.

As for Bressan's comments you can find equally vile ones in many places. What sets his apart are that he has a business to run,and only a hermit would not know that such comments would be bad for sales. Thus the vileness and stupidity combined do make Bressan's remarks nearly unique.This is a classic case of putting one's foot in one's mouth.