Posted to alt.food.wine

Default hail damage in the Touraine

Weird weather, 30C again today in Paris, with intense thunderstorms
yesterday, with pretty dramatic impact on the Touraine for at least this
year but maybe 2014 as well:

http://www.meteo-paris.com/actualite...tou-charentes-
pays-de-la-loire-et-centre-17-juin-2013.html

http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/T...e/24-Heures/n/
Contenus/Articles/2013/06/17/VIDEO.-Vouvray.-La-grele-ravage-vignes-et-
toitures.-1512721

Looks pretty nasty in Vouvray...

I've lost contact with the farm which means the power is out, whether
blackout or jumped breakers I'll find out tomorrow morning.

-E
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Emery Davis" > wrote in message
> Weird weather, 30C again today in Paris, with intense thunderstorms
> yesterday, with pretty dramatic impact on the Touraine for at least this
> year but maybe 2014 as well:
>
> http://www.meteo-paris.com/actualite...tou-charentes-
> pays-de-la-loire-et-centre-17-juin-2013.html
>
> http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/T...e/24-Heures/n/
> Contenus/Articles/2013/06/17/VIDEO.-Vouvray.-La-grele-ravage-vignes-et-
> toitures.-1512721
>
> Looks pretty nasty in Vouvray...
>
> I've lost contact with the farm which means the power is out, whether
> blackout or jumped breakers I'll find out tomorrow morning.
>
> -E

I was in Burgundy 4 weeks ago. Horrible, cold and wet weather. Vignerons
with long faces, spraying madly for leaf mould.
Graham

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:27:08 -0600, graham wrote:

> I was in Burgundy 4 weeks ago. Horrible, cold and wet weather. Vignerons
> with long faces, spraying madly for leaf mould.
> Graham

Yes it's been a miserable cold spring, very wet but really the low
temperatures are killer. Don't know about Burgundy but the Loire is
certainly about 4-5 weeks behind, not even accounting for the hail.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 6/18/13 1:06 PM, Emery Davis wrote:
> Weird weather, 30C again today in Paris, with intense thunderstorms
> yesterday, with pretty dramatic impact on the Touraine for at least this
> year but maybe 2014 as well:
>
> http://www.meteo-paris.com/actualite...tou-charentes-
> pays-de-la-loire-et-centre-17-juin-2013.html
>
> http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/T...e/24-Heures/n/
> Contenus/Articles/2013/06/17/VIDEO.-Vouvray.-La-grele-ravage-vignes-et-
> toitures.-1512721
>
> Looks pretty nasty in Vouvray...

Yes, I read about this this morning. Vouvray really hard hit, with
Pinon's crop wiped out and damage enough that 2014 may be affected too.
Chinon also got hit, but Montlouis seems to have escaped.

Decanter article:

<http://www.decanter.com/news/wine-news/584005/hailstorms-decimate-loire-vines>

(I'll ignore this once their misuse of the term decimate)

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:06:13 PM UTC-4, Emery Davis wrote:
> Weird weather, 30C again today in Paris, with intense thunderstorms
>
> yesterday, with pretty dramatic impact on the Touraine for at least this
>
> year but maybe 2014 as well:
>

> http://www.meteo-paris.com/actualite...tou-charentes-
>
> pays-de-la-loire-et-centre-17-juin-2013.html
>

> http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/T...e/24-Heures/n/
>
> Contenus/Articles/2013/06/17/VIDEO.-Vouvray.-La-grele-ravage-vignes-et-
>
> toitures.-1512721
>

> Looks pretty nasty in Vouvray...
>

> I've lost contact with the farm which means the power is out, whether
>
> blackout or jumped breakers I'll find out tomorrow morning.
>

> -E

Terrible news from Vouvray (and I hear Chinon as well). Hope all is well at farm,

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article >,
Mark Lipton > wrote:

> On 6/18/13 1:06 PM, Emery Davis wrote:
> > Weird weather, 30C again today in Paris, with intense thunderstorms
> > yesterday, with pretty dramatic impact on the Touraine for at least this
> > year but maybe 2014 as well:
> >
> > http://www.meteo-paris.com/actualite...tou-charentes-
> > pays-de-la-loire-et-centre-17-juin-2013.html
> >
> > http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/T...e/24-Heures/n/
> > Contenus/Articles/2013/06/17/VIDEO.-Vouvray.-La-grele-ravage-vignes-et-
> > toitures.-1512721
> >
> > Looks pretty nasty in Vouvray...

> Yes, I read about this this morning. Vouvray really hard hit, with
> Pinon's crop wiped out and damage enough that 2014 may be affected too.
> Chinon also got hit, but Montlouis seems to have escaped.

Then hope that it is a hot summer, or prepare to drink battery acid.

--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
Posted to alt.food.wine

In article >,
Emery Davis > wrote:

> Weird weather, 30C again today in Paris, with intense thunderstorms
> yesterday, with pretty dramatic impact on the Touraine for at least this
> year but maybe 2014 as well:
>
> http://www.meteo-paris.com/actualite...tou-charentes-
> pays-de-la-loire-et-centre-17-juin-2013.html
>
> http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/T...e/24-Heures/n/
> Contenus/Articles/2013/06/17/VIDEO.-Vouvray.-La-grele-ravage-vignes-et-
> toitures.-1512721
>
> Looks pretty nasty in Vouvray...
>
> I've lost contact with the farm which means the power is out, whether
> blackout or jumped breakers I'll find out tomorrow morning.
>
> -E

"Global Warming" means more water vapor in the air. When the vapor turns
to water it gives up heat which rises. When water turns to ice it gives
up heat which rises. Both cause greater air turbulence (tornades et
orages). Welcome to the new world order.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 13:08:36 -0700, DaleW wrote:

> Hope all is well at farm,

Thanks, we escaped the hail, just lost power for a while.

--
Questions about wine? Check the FAQ. http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

Hail ImStillMags General Cooking 7 15-06-2012 03:15 AM
TN: Grignolino and Touraine SB DaleW Wine 0 11-01-2008 06:27 PM
TN: 2004 CRB Touraine Sauvignon DaleW Wine 0 28-06-2005 08:38 PM
hail in Cavaillon, Avignon Emery Davis Wine 3 11-08-2004 09:36 PM