Posted to alt.food.wine

Default gifted wine, appreciated (Rias Baixos 2011 Albarino

We acquired a bottle of Rias Baixos Albarino 2011 over the Christmas
season. Tonight Bev made a chicken dish with Meyer lemons, accompnaied
by potatoes and olives in a shallot sauce. The wine was devine a
delightful match that brought back fond memories of many a European
vacation.

The wine was crisp and zippy with a not too floral or weird notes just a
clean slightly floral and fruity elegantly balanced wine that just made
the dinner hum. Wish we had more right now, I want those 4 oz that went
into the dish . . .

My previous encounter with Albarino had left me less than enthusiastic,
this time I am a convert.

Joe Coulter
Posted to alt.food.wine

Who was producer?
Posted to alt.food.wine

Default gifted wine, appreciated (Rias Baixos 2011 Albariño

On 2/13/2013 8:05 AM, DaleW wrote:
> Who was producer?

OOP hard bottle to read. it was labeled (additionally Valiñas by Ramon
Bilbao.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 2/13/2013 5:41 PM, jcoulter wrote:
> On 2/13/2013 8:05 AM, DaleW wrote:
>> Who was producer?
>>

> OOP hard bottle to read. it was labeled (additionally Valiñas by Ramon
> Bilbao.

Of course this makes me think of the wine rep at a local in store
tasting who kept on offering to pour more Crianza when offering Cruz de
Alba Ribero del Duero Crianza 2008. In this case I completely missed the
important stuff due to the label design.