Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Lisini Brunello Riserva 1975 and Petrus 1979

I have only a few bottles of Lisini Brunello di Montalcino Riserva
1975 left from nearly a case that I bought shortly after release and
stored properly. There were no cork or other issues, and the fill was
still in the low neck. The wine still is deep in color, and only a bit
of age shows around the rim. There is intense dark fruit in both the
bouquet and taste with hints of mixed spice. There is still some
medium tannin. It is very well balanced, and the finish is long. I
also had some of Lisini's regular 1975. Early on it was more drinkable
than the riserva, but it was beginning to decline several years ago.

I bought a case of Chateau Petrus 1979 shortly after release, and this
is the third bottle of it that I have had. The fill still was in the
lower neck, and there were no cork or other issues. This wine is now
fully mature, but likely will hold many more years. Many 1979 Bordeaux
reds were a little lighter than the better wines from more famous
years, and some are now past their best. One could hardly find
anything light about Petrus 1979 compared to most other wines, but it
is a bit lighter and less complex than the very best Petrus. It is
dark in color with only little age showing around the rim. There is
very good balance, and the finish is long. Some medium tannin is still
present. It is now quite smooth and easy to drink.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 20, 6:47*am, cwdjrxyz > wrote:
> I have only a few bottles of Lisini Brunello di Montalcino Riserva
> 1975 left from nearly a case that I bought shortly after release and
> stored properly. There were no cork or other issues, and the fill was
> still in the low neck. The wine still is deep in color, and only a bit
> of age shows around the rim. There is intense dark fruit in both the
> bouquet and taste with hints of mixed spice. There is still some
> medium tannin. It is very well balanced, and the finish is long. I
> also had some of Lisini's regular 1975. Early on it was more drinkable
> than the riserva, but it was beginning to decline several years ago.
>
> I bought a case of Chateau Petrus 1979 shortly after release, and this
> is the third bottle of it that I have had. The fill still was in the
> lower neck, and there were no cork or other issues. This wine is now
> fully mature, but likely will hold many more years. Many 1979 Bordeaux
> reds were a *little lighter than the better wines from more famous
> years, and some are now past their best. One could hardly find
> anything light about Petrus 1979 compared to most other wines, but it
> is a bit lighter and less complex than the very best Petrus. It is
> dark in color with only little age showing around the rim. There is
> very good balance, and the finish is long. Some medium tannin is still
> present. It is now quite smooth and easy to drink.

Thanks for the notes. I don't often get first hand tasting
impressions of 1975 Brunello or 1979 Bordeaux.

2000 Poggio Antico Riserva Brunello Bi!! Wine 0 10-03-2010 03:21 PM
TN Chateau Petrus 1979 cwdjrxyz Wine 2 21-12-2009 08:27 PM
TN Brunello di Montalcino Riserva 1975, Lisini cwdjrxyz Wine 0 22-06-2009 05:40 AM
TN Clos des Capucins 1979 Riesling Reserve 1979, Domaine Weinbach cwdjrxyz Wine 0 03-10-2007 04:11 AM
TN: Lisini, 2 French '04s, 2 Oz wines DaleW Wine 0 18-07-2005 07:18 PM