Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 1999 Newton Unfiltered Chardonnay

Opened my last bottle of 1999 Newton Unfiltered Chardonnay last
night. There are wines the stand the test of time and seem to be able
to last forever...this is one of those wines. You would be hard
pressed to find any indication of age in this wine. The color is
still pale golden yellow. The nose is soft an rich with peaches and
necterines with a hint of honey. Smooth and clean on the palate
showing lemon curd, minerals and white peach. IIRC, this was the last
vintage at Newton that John Kongsgaard was involved with and when my
wife brought me a glass and asked me to guess what it was I guessed
Kongsgaard!

Isaac Newton Brooklyn1 General Cooking 22 30-11-2012 09:43 PM
LaFleur, Vogue, Newton Bi!! Wine 0 24-10-2008 05:27 PM
can bonastre, penedes, cabernet sauvignon 2002 unfiltered [email protected] Wine 0 26-09-2007 11:49 AM
Organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar Dee Randall General Cooking 5 13-02-2006 09:38 AM
Unfiltered-Unpasteurized beer brands? [email protected] Beer 0 23-10-2004 08:35 PM