Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Yakima Valley

Going to Seattle in June and am going to Yakima Valley for a day or so
and wondering what wineries the group likes in that area. Wanted to go
to Walla Walla but got nixed on the travel distance by wife and
friends.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 2, 12:56*pm, lleichtman > wrote:
> Going to Seattle in June and am going to Yakima Valley for a day or so
> and wondering what wineries the group likes in that area. Wanted to go
> to Walla Walla but got nixed on the travel distance by wife and
> friends.

Barnard Griffin and Snoqualmine come to mind. Both are fairly priced
and pretty good quality for the price.
Posted to alt.food.wine

lleichtman wrote:
> Going to Seattle in June and am going to Yakima Valley for a day or so
> and wondering what wineries the group likes in that area. Wanted to go
> to Walla Walla but got nixed on the travel distance by wife and
> friends.

Try not to be put off by the distance to WW. At least try to make it to
the Prosser (and from there to the Red Mountain) area. If you really
can't make it there try visiting the Woodinville (suburb of Seattle)
area. A lot of WW and other top notch wineries have established tasting
rooms there. You won't see any vineyards there but you can taste a lot
of good wines within a few miles of each other.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 2, 9:43*pm, covala > wrote:
> lleichtman wrote:
> > Going to Seattle in June and am going to Yakima Valley for a day or so
> > and wondering what wineries the group likes in that area. Wanted to go
> > to Walla Walla but got nixed on the travel distance by wife and
> > friends.

> Try not to be put off by the distance to WW. At least try to make it to
> the Prosser (and from there to the Red Mountain) area. If you really
> can't make it there try visiting the Woodinville (suburb of Seattle)
> area. A lot of WW and other top notch wineries have established tasting
> rooms there. You won't see any vineyards there but you can taste a lot
> of good wines within a few miles of each other.

Woodinville is close to Snohomish where we'll be. I may have talked
them into making the drive to Walla Walla but still may go to Yakima
as well.
Posted to alt.food.wine

lleichtman wrote:
> On May 2, 9:43 pm, > wrote:
>> lleichtman wrote:
>>> Going to Seattle in June and am going to Yakima Valley for a day or so
>>> and wondering what wineries the group likes in that area. Wanted to go
>>> to Walla Walla but got nixed on the travel distance by wife and
>>> friends.

>> Try not to be put off by the distance to WW. At least try to make it to
>> the Prosser (and from there to the Red Mountain) area. If you really
>> can't make it there try visiting the Woodinville (suburb of Seattle)
>> area. A lot of WW and other top notch wineries have established tasting
>> rooms there. You won't see any vineyards there but you can taste a lot
>> of good wines within a few miles of each other.

> Woodinville is close to Snohomish where we'll be. I may have talked
> them into making the drive to Walla Walla but still may go to Yakima
> as well.

If you're going to be staying in Snohomish, then by all means visit
Woodinville. If you travel to WW, you'll be going through the Yakima
Valley. Although there are many good wineries in the YV, they are pretty
spread out. The nice thing about WW is that there are so many so close
to each other.

Our little valley gets serious notbob General Cooking 4 03-08-2012 06:03 PM
I'm off to the Valley in the morning...... PeterL[_4_] General Cooking 8 07-06-2007 03:39 PM
Teft Cellars (Yakima, Wa) and Boxed wines Derek Ollom Wine 0 14-02-2005 08:48 AM
Yakima advice? Jeffrey Wine 0 26-08-2004 01:53 AM
Matua Valley SB Rich R Wine 9 12-06-2004 10:33 PM