Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2007 Gaja Alteni di Brassica

Dinner with friends last night. Started with a glass of NV Perrier
Jouet. Nice fruity style, crisp and clean with a bit of brioche on
the finish. Next we opened a bottle of 2007 Gaja Alteni dei Brassica
Sauvignon Blanc from Langhe. My first Gaja white wine. Big rich nose
of lemons and grapefruit. Bright and lush on the palate with a very
plush mouthfeel. Plenty of complex flavors with a hint of mint over
lemon-lime and canteloupe. QUite nice with the seared red snapper
saffron buerre blanc. "A-"
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Bi!!" > wrote in message
> Next we opened a bottle of 2007 Gaja Alteni dei Brassica
> Sauvignon Blanc from Langhe. My first Gaja white wine. Big rich nose
> of lemons and grapefruit. Bright and lush on the palate with a very
> plush mouthfeel. Plenty of complex flavors with a hint of mint over
> lemon-lime and canteloupe. QUite nice with the seared red snapper
> saffron buerre blanc. "A-"

With a name like that, it should go well with cabbage{;-)
Graham

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sun, 20 Feb 2011 10:56:44 -0800 (PST), DaleW >
wrote:

> and broccoli.
> Never had a Gaja white, thanks

I remember having a Gaja Chardonnay about 30 years ago, at a tasting
in NYC. I can't remember any details, but I remember liking it a lot.
However at its price ($35, if I remember correctly--a very high price
in those days), I didn't buy it and never tasted it again.

--
Ken Blake
Posted to alt.food.wine

Ken Blake wrote:

> I remember having a Gaja Chardonnay about 30 years ago, at a
> tasting in NYC. I can't remember any details, but I remember
> liking it a lot. However at its price ($35, if I remember
> correctly--a very high price in those days), I didn't buy it and
> never tasted it again.

30 years seems very slightly long. First vintage was 1981, released
in 1984.

M.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 12:15:19 +0100, Michael Pronay >
wrote:

> Ken Blake wrote:
>
> > I remember having a Gaja Chardonnay about 30 years ago, at a
> > tasting in NYC. I can't remember any details, but I remember
> > liking it a lot. However at its price ($35, if I remember
> > correctly--a very high price in those days), I didn't buy it and
> > never tasted it again.

> 30 years seems very slightly long. First vintage was 1981, released
> in 1984.

Thanks. I said "about" since I couldn't accurately remember when it
was.

It must have been that first vintage, or one very close to it.

--
Ken Blake

Brassica taste off Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 3 25-10-2014 12:06 AM
Gaja and Grange Bill S. Wine 8 08-03-2011 06:49 PM
2007 Gaja Alteni di Brassica DaleW Wine 1 01-03-2011 02:53 PM
1997 Gaja Tasting RV WRLee Wine 6 03-09-2004 05:13 PM
Brassica Tea? Stewart Schooley Tea 0 21-12-2003 04:47 PM