Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Blizzard wines

So everyone needs to report on their snowed in wines over this week.
What goes well with a blizzard? We are expecting 20 inches here in
Santa Fe so we will be dipping into the wine cabinet.
Posted to alt.food.wine

lleichtman wrote:
> So everyone needs to report on their snowed in wines over this week.
> What goes well with a blizzard? We are expecting 20 inches here in
> Santa Fe so we will be dipping into the wine cabinet.

Holy Moley, Larry! 20"?? We're still getting conflicting reports here,
but at least 12" is likely. Tonight's pre-blizzard offering was:

2007 Hans Wirsching Iphöfer Kalb Scheurebe
nose: herbal, with floral overtones
palate: off-dry, crisply acidic, fruit, herbs, flowers

Served with a dinner of seared dry-packed scallops on wilted spinach,
this wine sang with all sorts of savory notes. It was purchased
locally, and fortunately for us I have more.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jan 31, 7:12*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> lleichtman wrote:
> > So everyone needs to report on their snowed in wines over this week.
> > What goes well with a blizzard? We are expecting 20 inches here in
> > Santa Fe so we will be dipping into the wine cabinet.

> Holy Moley, Larry! *20"?? *We're still getting conflicting reports here,
> but at least 12" is likely. *Tonight's pre-blizzard offering was:
>
> 2007 Hans Wirsching Iph fer Kalb Scheurebe
> nose: herbal, with floral overtones
> palate: off-dry, crisply acidic, fruit, herbs, flowers
>
> Served with a dinner of seared dry-packed scallops on wilted spinach,
> this wine sang with all sorts of savory notes. *It was purchased
> locally, and fortunately for us I have more.
>
> Mark Lipton

Yep maybe more if we are really unlucky. Temperature has dropped 15
degrees since noon down to -8 by tomorrow. Tonight was homemade
chicken pot pies with homemade carrot ginger soup. Merry Edwards 2007
Sauvingnon blanc. Crisp and fruity as well. big juicy grapefruit and a
hint of oak though not sure it saw oak.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jan 31, 10:50*pm, lleichtman > wrote:
> On Jan 31, 7:12*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
>

> > lleichtman wrote:
> > > So everyone needs to report on their snowed in wines over this week.
> > > What goes well with a blizzard? We are expecting 20 inches here in
> > > Santa Fe so we will be dipping into the wine cabinet.

> > Holy Moley, Larry! *20"?? *We're still getting conflicting reports here,
> > but at least 12" is likely. *Tonight's pre-blizzard offering was:

> > 2007 Hans Wirsching Iph fer Kalb Scheurebe
> > nose: herbal, with floral overtones
> > palate: off-dry, crisply acidic, fruit, herbs, flowers

> > Served with a dinner of seared dry-packed scallops on wilted spinach,
> > this wine sang with all sorts of savory notes. *It was purchased
> > locally, and fortunately for us I have more.

> > Mark Lipton

81F and sunny here on Marco Island. 2009 Cliff Lede Sauvignon Blanc
with grilled Gulf Pink Shrimp.>
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Feb 1, 10:43*am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> On Jan 31, 10:50*pm, lleichtman > wrote:

> > > Holy Moley, Larry! *20"?? *We're still getting conflicting reports here,
> > > but at least 12" is likely. *Tonight's pre-blizzard offering was:

> > > 2007 Hans Wirsching Iph fer Kalb Scheurebe
> > > nose: herbal, with floral overtones
> > > palate: off-dry, crisply acidic, fruit, herbs, flowers

> > > Served with a dinner of seared dry-packed scallops on wilted spinach,
> > > this wine sang with all sorts of savory notes. *It was purchased
> > > locally, and fortunately for us I have more.

> > > Mark Lipton

> 81F and sunny here on Marco Island. *2009 Cliff Lede Sauvignon Blanc
> with grilled Gulf Pink Shrimp.>

Tonight with chicken with orange and peanut sauce and coconut milk
rice had a sake we brought back from Yamagata Prefecture this past
October. Plums and cherries forever.

Blizzard Dora General Cooking 37 22-12-2009 06:04 AM
TN: Beginning of blizzard wines (ClStDenis, Gloria, HBLiberal, Havens,Dow) DaleW Wine 0 13-02-2006 02:41 AM