FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: Labor Day, with Pinot Grigio and CdRV (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/400382-tn-labor-day-pinot.html)

DaleW 07-09-2010 04:35 PM

TN: Labor Day, with Pinot Grigio and CdRV

Last night we joined some friends on their backporch for a nice meal.
Another couple brought the dinner from a fundraiser at an AME Zion
church- ribs, corn, collards, cornbread, potato salad.

While we awaiting the ribs, we enjoyed a shrimp/pesto dip, some
badminton, and a glass of white wine:

2008 da Vinci Pinot Grigio
This is better than I expected- clean, fresh pear and citrus, a little
floral note. Moderate acidity, a bit light and short, but ok as an
apertif. B/B-

with the ribs, a couple of reds made it around the table:

2007 Andre Brunel "Sabrine" Cotes du Rhone-Villages
Big, ripe, dark fruity, some meat and earth notes. I'd prefer a touch
more acidity, but a nice fleshy styled Southern Rhone. B

There was also a bottle of Marietta Lot 51, I had a small sip, an
enjoyable if simple wine just like bottle Sunday.

After dinner, I switched back to white, and was surprised that the PG
had lost crispness. That was explained when I realized it was a
different PG, the 2009 Banfi "San Angelo" Pinot Grigio. PG dumbed down
to lowest denominator, canned pears and low acids, C+

Fun night -people matter more than wine!

promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.*

pk 07-09-2010 11:50 PM

"DaleW" > wrote in message

Fun night -people matter more than wine!

So very true, but are not those evenings special when food, wine and
friendship combine in harmony just extra special.

pk