Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 2 Italians,1 French, 1 German,1 Spanish

With spicy "Latin" pork and quinoa, the 2002 Leitz Rudesheimer
Magdalenenkreuz Riesling Spatlese. Sweet citrus, hint of red fruits,
some slate on end. Nicely balanced, open and giving. B+

Dave prefers red so we also opened the 2008 Stefano Farina Barbera
d'Alba. Red plums and cherries, good acidity, no perceptible tannin.
Forward and friendly, a bit simple but hey it was $5. B-

Last night was gorgeous, Betsy made shrimp with serranos and garlic as
well as a corn/grain salad, we carried to riverfront to meet friends
and enjoy some Middle Eastern jazz. I did sample some wines:

2008 Ametza Txakolina
OK, this was a mistake buy, I scanned an offer and thought I was
ordering Ameztoi. I wish I had, I thought this a bit dull and
atypical. Lemon fruit, moderate acidity, a bit short. None of the
"Basque twist on Muscadet" style I enjoy in other wines from Txacoli.
C+

2009 "La Selve" Cuvee Maguelonne Rose
Neglected to note appellation. A bit softer than I prefer my roses,
very strawberry driven, a bit of herb. More acidity and I think I'd
have really liked this. B-/C+

NV Venturini Baldini "Roncolo" Lambrusco
Deep color, light fizz, framboise and blackberry. Light, moderately
sweet, easy to drink, no pretensions of complexity. B

promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.*
Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW wrote:

> 2008 Ametza Txakolina
> OK, this was a mistake buy, I scanned an offer and thought I was
> ordering Ameztoi. I wish I had, I thought this a bit dull and
> atypical. Lemon fruit, moderate acidity, a bit short. None of the
> "Basque twist on Muscadet" style I enjoy in other wines from Txacoli.
> C+

Erk! Thanks for the warning. As I was reading your post, I thought
"Dale made a typo when writing Ametzoi's name." I'm now forewarned.

Mark Lipton

TN: 3 Italians, 2 French, 1 US DaleW Wine 9 14-10-2012 04:24 AM
TN: 2 Sancerres, some other French, couple Spanish and German, one(cheap) Australian DaleW Wine 0 04-03-2012 02:31 AM
TN: 2 Italians, 3 French DaleW Wine 0 09-10-2011 03:54 PM
The Greeks, Italians, and French are being 'precious'. PeterLucas[_4_] General Cooking 16 29-02-2008 04:11 PM
WTN: German, French, Spanish DaleW Wine 3 18-01-2008 09:33 PM