Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Au Bon Climat Talley Reserve Chardonnay 1992 and other briefnotes

The wine is Au Bon Climat Arroyo Grande Valley Reserve Talley
Chardonnay 1992, 13% alcohol, and it has been stored properly since
release. There were no cork or other issues. Light lemon color. No
oxidation. Citrus, especially grapefruit. Some waxy character. Intense
and long. Very good balance. Outstanding and would keep if I had more.
I also have Au Bon Climat's "Le Bouge d'a Cote" Bien Nacido 1992. This
reserve wine also is keeping well and I like it a bit better than the
Talley reserve because it has more complex fruit and is even more
outstanding. I only regreat that I did not buy several cases of Au Bon
Climat's reserve Chardonnays in the 80s and 90's.

Chambertin 1971, Cuvee Heritiers Latour. Although there were no bottle
issues, this wine had a slight hint of oxidation unlike other bottles
of it I have had. It is still quite drinkable, but is not nearly as
good as other bottles of it tasted in the last few years.

I reported on a Wehlener Sonnenuhr Auslese 1975 from J.J. Prum several
days ago. A second bottle from the same case seems identical.

Off Topic. Some wine uses fancy and comic labels and names. An example
is Krover Nacktarsch, and some bottles of it show a boy's bare bottom
being spanked. De Sade Champagne once had a label showing whips, and
this label was not approved for import into the US. I recently had a
chance to buy a few mini bottles, some quite old, of liqueurs from
Europe that I have never heard of before. One is Marilyn's Pflaumchen
Double Likor (vodka and plum) which shows the famous picture of
Marilyn trying to hold her skirt down as it is being blown up by air.
Another is named Kleines Arschloch Orange mit Wodka. Still another is
Heisse Braut Pfirsch Likor. Still another is Heisses Hoschen Schlehe
mit Rum Likor which shows a young lady in very tiny red pants and mesh
hose kicking one leg high in the air. I did find more main stream
things such as Alkermes both from Italy and Austria as well as two
examples of Millefiori from Italy.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 26, 11:03*pm, cwdjrxyz > wrote:
> The wine is Au Bon Climat Arroyo Grande Valley Reserve Talley
> Chardonnay 1992, 13% alcohol, and it has been stored properly since
> release. There were no cork or other issues. Light lemon color. No
> oxidation. Citrus, especially grapefruit. Some waxy character. Intense
> and long. Very good balance. Outstanding and would keep if I had more.
> I also have Au Bon Climat's "Le Bouge d'a Cote" Bien Nacido 1992. This
> reserve wine also is keeping well and I like it a bit better than the
> Talley reserve because it has more complex fruit and is even more
> outstanding. I only regreat that I did not buy several cases of Au Bon
> Climat's reserve Chardonnays in the 80s and 90's.
>
> Chambertin 1971, Cuvee Heritiers Latour. Although there were no bottle
> issues, this wine had a slight hint of oxidation unlike other bottles
> of it I have had. It is still quite drinkable, but is not nearly as
> good as other bottles of it tasted in the last few years.
>
> I reported on a Wehlener Sonnenuhr Auslese 1975 from J.J. Prum several
> days ago. A second bottle from the same case seems identical.
>
> Off Topic. Some wine uses fancy and comic labels and names. An example
> is Krover Nacktarsch, and some bottles of it show a boy's bare bottom
> being spanked. De Sade Champagne once had a label showing whips, and
> this label was not approved for import into the US. I recently had a
> chance to buy a few mini bottles, some quite old, of liqueurs from
> Europe that I have never heard of before. One is Marilyn's Pflaumchen
> Double Likor (vodka and plum) *which shows the famous picture of
> Marilyn *trying to hold her skirt down as it is being blown up by air.
> Another is named Kleines Arschloch Orange mit Wodka. Still another is
> Heisse Braut Pfirsch Likor. Still another is Heisses Hoschen Schlehe
> mit Rum Likor which shows a young lady in very tiny red pants and mesh
> hose kicking one leg high in the air. I did find more main stream
> things such as Alkermes both from Italy and Austria as well as two
> examples of Millefiori from Italy.

I knew that Jim Clenenden made wines that last but I had no idea that
California chardonnay could last that long. I have a few rougue
bottles laying around my cellar that I must try, some old Talbott
chardonnay from the early 90's.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 26, 10:03*pm, cwdjrxyz > wrote:

> Off Topic. Some wine uses fancy and comic labels and names. An example
> is Krover Nacktarsch, and some bottles of it show a boy's bare bottom
> being spanked. De Sade Champagne once had a label showing whips, and
> this label was not approved for import into the US. I recently had a
> chance to buy a few mini bottles, some quite old, of liqueurs from
> Europe that I have never heard of before. One is Marilyn's Pflaumchen
> Double Likor (vodka and plum) *which shows the famous picture of
> Marilyn *trying to hold her skirt down as it is being blown up by air.
> Another is named Kleines Arschloch Orange mit Wodka. Still another is
> Heisse Braut Pfirsch Likor. Still another is Heisses Hoschen Schlehe
> mit Rum Likor which shows a young lady in very tiny red pants and mesh
> hose kicking one leg high in the air. I did find more main stream
> things such as Alkermes both from Italy and Austria as well as two
> examples of Millefiori from Italy.

Photos of 2 of the mini bottles are at:

http://www.cwdjr.net/pic/Marilyn.jpg

http://www.cwdjr.net/pic/KleinesArschloch.jpg