Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2003 Tenuta di Trinoro Vino da Tavola

I was at my farm last night and we grilled Allen Brothers dry aged
prime porterhouse steaks last night so I nosed around in my celar and
found this bottle of 2003 Tenuta di Trinoro Vino da Tavola. I bought
the wine while I was involved with the Vanguard Wines an Ohio
distributor of these wines. The Vino da Tavola is a blend of Cabernet
Sauvignon, Cab Franc, Merlot and Petite Verdot from a site in southern
Tuscany. The wine was inky black in the glass, ripe concentrated
aromas of cassis and espresso. Black berries and plums dominated a
fairly jammy wine with a fair amount of anise and black coffee on the
finish. Smooth tannins. The wine has integreted well since I first
tasted it on release and could use a few more years. B+