Posted to alt.food.wine
JT JT is offline

Default TN Angludet 2003

with griddled lamb fillet, my first try of Angludet 2003
: Deep huge extract, no hint of age. Classic youthful spice and leather,
cassis and farmyard. needed an hour to open up. Good entry, firm tannins and
fruit, medium length. good now but will improve.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mar 29, 2:07�pm, "JT" > wrote:
> with griddled lamb fillet, my first try of Angludet 2003
> : Deep huge extract, no hint of age. Classic youthful spice and leather,
> cassis and farmyard. needed an hour to open up. Good entry, firm tannins and
> fruit, medium length. good now but will improve.

Thanks for the notes. I have a few bottles of the 2003 Angludet as of
yet untouched. Maybe I'll open one soon.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mar 29, 3:23*pm, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> On Mar 29, 2:07 pm, "JT" > wrote:
>
> > with griddled lamb fillet, my first try of Angludet 2003
> > : Deep huge extract, no hint of age. Classic youthful spice and leather,
> > cassis and farmyard. needed an hour to open up. Good entry, firm tannins and
> > fruit, medium length. good now but will improve.

> Thanks for the notes. *I have a few bottles of the 2003 Angludet as of
> yet untouched. *Maybe I'll open one soon.

I know this is a Margaux, but this is a chateau I never see.
Posted to alt.food.wine
JT JT is offline

"DaleW" > wrote in message
> On Mar 29, 3:23 pm, "Bi!!" > wrote:
>> On Mar 29, 2:07 pm, "JT" > wrote:
>>
>> > with griddled lamb fillet, my first try of Angludet 2003
>> > : Deep huge extract, no hint of age. Classic youthful spice and
>> > leather,
>> > cassis and farmyard. needed an hour to open up. Good entry, firm
>> > tannins and
>> > fruit, medium length. good now but will improve.

>> Thanks for the notes. I have a few bottles of the 2003 Angludet as of
>> yet untouched. Maybe I'll open one soon.

> I know this is a Margaux, but this is a chateau I never see.

Dale
Strange, as very popular and followed in the UK

JT

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mar 29, 6:19�pm, DaleW > wrote:
> On Mar 29, 3:23�pm, "Bi!!" > wrote:
>
> > On Mar 29, 2:07 pm, "JT" > wrote:

> > > with griddled lamb fillet, my first try of Angludet 2003
> > > : Deep huge extract, no hint of age. Classic youthful spice and leather,
> > > cassis and farmyard. needed an hour to open up. Good entry, firm tannins and
> > > fruit, medium length. good now but will improve.

> > Thanks for the notes. �I have a few bottles of the 2003 Angludet as of
> > yet untouched. �Maybe I'll open one soon.

> I know this is a Margaux, but this is a chateau I never see.

I recieved a mix case of Bordeaux from a Norwiegian friend that we
hosted at our home a few years ago. Three bottles of Angludet were in
the case as well as three Chateau Le Crock, three Chateau Clarke and
three Chateau Riegnac (sp). I've never seen Angludet or Le Crock in
Ohio (although I've actually visited Le Crock a few years ago as part
of tour of Leoville Poyferre). I occasionally see Chateau Clarke.
I've never seen nor heard of Reignac before.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mar 30, 7:38*am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> On Mar 29, 6:19 pm, DaleW > wrote:

> > > Thanks for the notes. I have a few bottles of the 2003 Angludet as of
> > > yet untouched. Maybe I'll open one soon.

> > I know this is a Margaux, but this is a chateau I never see.

> I recieved a mix case of Bordeaux from a Norwiegian friend that we
> hosted at our home a few years ago. *Three bottles of Angludet were in
> the case as well as three Chateau Le Crock, three Chateau Clarke and
> three Chateau Riegnac (sp). *I've never seen Angludet or Le Crock in
> Ohio (although I've actually visited Le Crock a few years ago as part
> of tour of Leoville Poyferre). *I occasionally see Chateau Clarke.
> I've never seen nor heard of Reignac before.

I guess John and crew get most of the Angludet! Different chateaux
vary in popularity across nations, maybe no one regularly imports to
US (as UK/Europe may take most production)
I sometimes see Le Crock and Clarke.
Reignac is confusing. IIRC, the flagbearer is called simply "Reignac",
the next level down is "Ch. de Reignac." The former is a Parker
favorite and does well in blind tastings with folks who like modern
styles. Tall non-standard bottle.
Posted to alt.food.wine

"DaleW" > wrote in message
On Mar 30, 7:38 am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> On Mar 29, 6:19 pm, DaleW > wrote:

> > > Thanks for the notes. I have a few bottles of the 2003 Angludet as of
> > > yet untouched. Maybe I'll open one soon.

> > I know this is a Margaux, but this is a chateau I never see.

> I recieved a mix case of Bordeaux from a Norwiegian friend that we
> hosted at our home a few years ago. Three bottles of Angludet were in
> the case as well as three Chateau Le Crock, three Chateau Clarke and
> three Chateau Riegnac (sp). I've never seen Angludet or Le Crock in
> Ohio (although I've actually visited Le Crock a few years ago as part
> of tour of Leoville Poyferre). I occasionally see Chateau Clarke.
> I've never seen nor heard of Reignac before.

I guess John and crew get most of the Angludet! Different chateaux
vary in popularity across nations, maybe no one regularly imports to
US (as UK/Europe may take most production)
I sometimes see Le Crock and Clarke.
Reignac is confusing. IIRC, the flagbearer is called simply "Reignac",
the next level down is "Ch. de Reignac." The former is a Parker
favorite and does well in blind tastings with folks who like modern
styles. Tall non-standard bottle.
-----------
Angludet is regularly stocked by the largest wine shop in Calgary as one of
the senior managers is very fond of it. I have some 2001 and 2004 and I
think it's time I tried one of the former - perhaps over Easter.
Graham

Posted to alt.food.wine

On 03/30/2010 02:20 PM, DaleW wrote:
> On Mar 30, 7:38 am, "Bi!!" > wrote:

>>> I know this is a Margaux, but this is a chateau I never see.

>> I recieved a mix case of Bordeaux from a Norwiegian friend that we
>> hosted at our home a few years ago. Three bottles of Angludet were in
>> the case as well as three Chateau Le Crock, three Chateau Clarke and
>> three Chateau Riegnac (sp). I've never seen Angludet or Le Crock in
>> Ohio (although I've actually visited Le Crock a few years ago as part
>> of tour of Leoville Poyferre). I occasionally see Chateau Clarke.
>> I've never seen nor heard of Reignac before.

> I guess John and crew get most of the Angludet! Different chateaux
> vary in popularity across nations, maybe no one regularly imports to
> US (as UK/Europe may take most production)
> I sometimes see Le Crock and Clarke.
> Reignac is confusing. IIRC, the flagbearer is called simply "Reignac",
> the next level down is "Ch. de Reignac." The former is a Parker
> favorite and does well in blind tastings with folks who like modern
> styles. Tall non-standard bottle.

We used to get Le Crock ages ago when we lived in Boston. In the 80s.
Reignac is readily available at most supermarket wine fairs in France, I
think they must have a very large production. I think you've got it
right, (as usual), Dale. The "Chateau" is a little less in-your-face,
but I don't care for any of their wines. Never had Ch. Clarke.

I like Angludet but haven't had one from 2000 up, I shall have to seek
it out based on JTs notes. We visited in the early 90s, the family was
very welcoming. They recommended after that we lunch at a little place
on the D2 in Margaux, which story I actually told today at lunch... In
a many course lunch, one was pigs knuckles. As a bunch of Americans
(and not a Southerner in the lot) we politely pushed them around the
plate. The waiter looked askance, and a while after clearing the
knuckles brought back an enormous (and unprogrammed) chef's salad,
filled with chicken livers, smoked duck, etc. Since we clearly didn't
enjoy the pig, apparently the chef was concerned we wouldn't have enough
to eat! We left about 6 notches past replete...

-E

-E
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mar 30, 4:09�pm, Emery Davis > wrote:
> On 03/30/2010 02:20 PM, DaleW wrote:

> >> I recieved a mix case of Bordeaux from a Norwiegian friend that we
> >> hosted at our home a few years ago. �Three bottles of Angludet were in
> >> the case as well as three Chateau Le Crock, three Chateau Clarke and
> >> three Chateau Riegnac (sp). �I've never seen Angludet or Le Crock in
> >> Ohio (although I've actually visited Le Crock a few years ago as part
> >> of tour of Leoville Poyferre). �I occasionally see Chateau Clarke.
> >> I've never seen nor heard of Reignac before.

> > I guess John and crew get most of the Angludet! Different chateaux
> > vary in popularity across nations, maybe no one regularly imports to
> > US (as UK/Europe may take most production)
> > I sometimes see Le Crock and Clarke.
> > Reignac is confusing. IIRC, the flagbearer is called simply "Reignac",
> > the next level down is "Ch. de Reignac." The former is a Parker
> > favorite and does well in blind tastings with folks who like modern
> > styles. Tall non-standard bottle.

> We used to get Le Crock ages ago when we lived in Boston. �In the 80s.
> Reignac is readily available at most supermarket wine fairs in France, I
> think they must have a very large production. �I think you've got it
> right, (as usual), Dale. �The "Chateau" is a little less in-your-face,
> but I don't care for any of their wines. �Never had Ch. Clarke.
>
> I like Angludet but haven't had one from 2000 up, I shall have to seek
> it out based on JTs notes. �We visited in the early 90s, the family was
> very welcoming. �They recommended after that we lunch at a little place
> on the D2 in Margaux, which story I actually told today at lunch... �In
> a many course lunch, one was pigs knuckles. �As a bunch of Americans
> (and not a Southerner in the lot) we politely pushed them around the
> plate. �The waiter looked askance, and a while after clearing the
> knuckles brought back an enormous (and unprogrammed) chef's salad,
> filled with chicken livers, smoked duck, etc. �Since we clearly didn't
> enjoy the pig, apparently the chef was concerned we wouldn't have enough
> to eat! �We left about 6 notches past replete...
>
> -E
>
> -E- Hide quoted text -

Love the story about the salad Emery. A number of years ago we were
staying at Chateau de Fere in Champagne for a few days using it as our
base. We returned on our third day at lunch time to have lunch on
their patio and as we sat in the courtyard enjoying a glass of
Champagne, the manager came to our table and said that he had taken
the liberty of ordering a chef salad for us for lunch that day since
he found that afer three days, Americans tend to like something
lighter than French food for lunch. The salads came and they were
adorned with foie gras, pate, shrimp, scallops, salmon, smoked trout
and duck confit! Nothing beats a nice light salad after three days of
French food!! :-)
Posted to alt.food.wine

"JT" > wrote in
:

> with griddled lamb fillet, my first try of Angludet 2003
>: Deep huge extract, no hint of age. Classic youthful spice and
>: leather,
> cassis and farmyard. needed an hour to open up. Good entry, firm
> tannins and fruit, medium length. good now but will improve.

I thought of a great idea for a story. It would be about a couple that go
on a picnic and drink this wine. It would be called "d'Angludet Afternoon".

Fred.

Posted to alt.food.wine

Emery Davis > wrote in
:

> They recommended after that we lunch at a little
> place on the D2 in Margaux,

Le Lion d'Or? Nice and little place, for sure.

Just back from Bordeaux today. Horrible weather (Looked like Atacama's
summer on Monday, and North Pole's winter on Tuesday and Wednesday). Wines
are good and ripe this year, but many were so fragile that broke apart in
oxidation after just one minute in the glass. This en primeur system is a
madness.

Angludet, which was being poured at Chateau Desmirail was full of sulphur
in the nose so it was difficult to taste. But then Rauzan-Segla did not
last longer than 30 seconds in my glass.

s.
Posted to alt.food.wine
JT JT is offline

> Just back from Bordeaux today. Horrible weather (Looked like Atacama's
> summer on Monday, and North Pole's winter on Tuesday and Wednesday). Wines
> are good and ripe this year, but many were so fragile that broke apart in
> oxidation after just one minute in the glass. This en primeur system is a
> madness.

Decanter y'day was positive, yet as I get older the cynic in me gets
stronger.

http://www.decanter.com/news/296457.html

JT

Posted to alt.food.wine

Hi Santiago,

On 04/01/2010 12:43 AM, santiago wrote:
> Emery Davis > wrote in
> :
>
>> They recommended after that we lunch at a little
>> place on the D2 in Margaux,

> Le Lion d'Or? Nice and little place, for sure.

Lion d'Or indeed.

> Just back from Bordeaux today. Horrible weather (Looked like Atacama's
> summer on Monday, and North Pole's winter on Tuesday and Wednesday). Wines
> are good and ripe this year, but many were so fragile that broke apart in
> oxidation after just one minute in the glass. This en primeur system is a
> madness.

Anything to crank the prices up; that's what it's turned into, sadly.

And yes, it's been that sort of winter throughout France. We can only
hope that bud break is not too early, because there are bound to be late
frosts...

-E
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mar 31, 6:43�pm, santiago > wrote:
> Emery Davis > wrote :
>
> > �They recommended after that we lunch at a little
> > place on the D2 in Margaux,

> Le Lion d'Or? Nice and little place, for sure.
>
> Just back from Bordeaux today. Horrible weather (Looked like Atacama's
> summer on Monday, and North Pole's winter on Tuesday and Wednesday). Wines
> are good and ripe this year, but many were so fragile that broke apart in
> oxidation after just one minute in the glass. This en primeur system is a
> madness.
>
> Angludet, which was being poured at Chateau Desmirail was full of sulphur
> in the nose so it was difficult to taste. But then Rauzan-Segla did not
> last longer than 30 seconds in my glass.
>
> s.

Good call on The Lion d' Or! I've eaten there a few times over the
years. Great frites in goose fat!

2003 Jam Isabella Woodhouse Preserving 6 29-07-2008 01:59 AM
TN Angludet 99 John T Wine 0 02-06-2008 10:41 AM
First Chave, Offerus 2003, then St. Josept 2003...now 2004 Chave Cotes Du Rhone Mon Coeur Richard Neidich Wine 0 14-09-2006 05:24 PM
Chave 2003 Offerus vs Chave Domain St Joseph 2003 Richard Neidich Wine 2 13-09-2006 05:19 PM
My Best Of 2003 Lew Bryson Beer 35 04-02-2004 10:26 PM