Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Kongsgaard, Anne Gros, Ch. Gloria

On Mar 25, 1:24*pm, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> * *Our last week in Marco so we met som friends for dinner in Naples
> at a local favorite. *Wine friendly, they waived corkage. *We started
> with a 2006 Kongsgaard napa Chardonnay. *Nice nose of lemon curd,
> orange peel and wet stones. *Nice mouthfeel, plenty of balance, good
> acidity. *Reminds me of Batard Montrachet. *Deep gravelly mineral
> aspects with ripe lemony notes. *Next we had a 2006 Anne Gros Clos de
> Vougeot GC with a plate of fire roasted suckling pig including some
> great crispy pork skin. *The wine was fab. *Ripe nose with ripe red
> cherry, fig, a bit of smoke. *Smooth as silk on the palate with fine
> grained tannins and a slightly sappy mouthfeel. *Big red fruit and
> exotic spice with a brisk acidic finish. *We finished with veal shanks
> paired with 2003 Chateau Gloria. *Still a tad early but showing a bit
> of secondary flavors and aromas. *A whiff of brett on the nose but
> otherwise classic cassis and black berry aromas. *Nice ripe tannic
> grip with fairly ripe black cherry, cassis, a bit of graphite and
> leather on the finish. *ALl wines were tasty and enjoyed by all.

Thanks for the notes. I do have some of the 03 Gloria, thought it was
beginning to drink nicely in Dec.

2006 Anne Gros Vosne Romanee Les Barreux Bi!! Wine 2 26-11-2012 05:36 PM
Kongsgaard, Anne Gros, Ch. Gloria Bi!! Wine 0 25-03-2010 06:24 PM
'04 Anne Gros Richebourg Bi!! Wine 0 19-12-2008 04:33 PM
2005 Anne Gros Clos Vougeot Le Grand Maupertui Bi!! Wine 2 24-09-2008 11:21 AM
TN: 2002 Anne Gros, Groffier, Mortet Max Hauser Wine 11 30-07-2004 03:08 PM