Old 28-03-2010, 02:44 PM posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default Kongsgaard, Anne Gros, Ch. Gloria

On Mar 25, 1:24*pm, "Bi!!" wrote:
* *Our last week in Marco so we met som friends for dinner in Naples
at a local favorite. *Wine friendly, they waived corkage. *We started
with a 2006 Kongsgaard napa Chardonnay. *Nice nose of lemon curd,
orange peel and wet stones. *Nice mouthfeel, plenty of balance, good
acidity. *Reminds me of Batard Montrachet. *Deep gravelly mineral
aspects with ripe lemony notes. *Next we had a 2006 Anne Gros Clos de
Vougeot GC with a plate of fire roasted suckling pig including some
great crispy pork skin. *The wine was fab. *Ripe nose with ripe red
cherry, fig, a bit of smoke. *Smooth as silk on the palate with fine
grained tannins and a slightly sappy mouthfeel. *Big red fruit and
exotic spice with a brisk acidic finish. *We finished with veal shanks
paired with 2003 Chateau Gloria. *Still a tad early but showing a bit
of secondary flavors and aromas. *A whiff of brett on the nose but
otherwise classic cassis and black berry aromas. *Nice ripe tannic
grip with fairly ripe black cherry, cassis, a bit of graphite and
leather on the finish. *ALl wines were tasty and enjoyed by all.

Thanks for the notes. I do have some of the 03 Gloria, thought it was
beginning to drink nicely in Dec.