Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2 Chards

On arrival in Marco Island I went to the seafood shop on the dock and
bought some Gulf pink shrimp to poach and a whole Lane Snapper to
grill. I had a few bottles in the wine cooler so I popped a 2007
Ferrari Carano Chardonnay. Nice lemony zing, very little if any wood
was noticed and the wine finished with a clean acidic burst. "B-"

with dinner I opened a 2006 Flowers Sonoma Coast Chardonnay-ripe pears
on the nose. A bit flabby on the palate. Rich fruit but not much
acidity until the very end. Peachy soft and a little buttery. "B-/C+"
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jan 12, 10:24*am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> On arrival in Marco Island I went to the seafood shop on the dock and
> bought some Gulf pink shrimp to poach and a whole Lane Snapper to
> grill. *I had a few bottles in the wine cooler so I popped a 2007
> Ferrari Carano Chardonnay. *Nice lemony zing, very little if any wood
> was noticed and the wine finished with a clean acidic burst. "B-"
>
> with dinner I opened a 2006 Flowers Sonoma Coast Chardonnay-ripe pears
> on the nose. *A bit flabby on the palate. *Rich fruit but not much
> acidity until the very end. *Peachy soft and a little buttery. *"B-/C+"

OK< get back on track tonight! Let's see some better scores!
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jan 12, 1:56�pm, DaleW > wrote:
> On Jan 12, 10:24�am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
>
> > On arrival in Marco Island I went to the seafood shop on the dock and
> > bought some Gulf pink shrimp to poach and a whole Lane Snapper to
> > grill. �I had a few bottles in the wine cooler so I popped a 2007

> . I'm headed > Ferrari Carano Chardonnay. �Nice lemony zing, very little if any wood
> > was noticed and the wine finished with a clean acidic burst. "B-"

> > with dinner I opened a 2006 Flowers Sonoma Coast Chardonnay-ripe pears
> > on the nose. �A bit flabby on the palate. �Rich fruit but not much
> > acidity until the very end. �Peachy soft and a little buttery. �"B-/C+"

> OK< get back on track tonight! Let's see some better scores!

The wines were good just not great and I was a little disapointed in
the Flowers. I'm going to a new French bistro on the Island tonight
so I'm not expecting much of a wine list and my wines haven't arrived
yet from Ohio. We're headed to a meeting at The Breakers next week
and dining at L'Escalier so we're looking forward to that little
excursion especially since it's a consulting gig for me and room, etc
is being picked up by the client since they decided to meet at the
freaking Breakers.

swiss chards Todd Diabetic 14 15-03-2013 07:12 PM
3 Chards Bi!! Wine 2 18-01-2011 04:36 PM
Cal Chards, Burg and Bordeaux Bi!! Wine 0 16-11-2009 01:34 PM
A Few Chards with Dinner Bi!! Wine 12 05-04-2007 12:20 PM
Old Chards Bill Spohn Wine 8 23-12-2003 06:55 AM