Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Tom S

"Karen" > wrote in message
m...
> As much as I enjoy the sound of
> the cork popping out of the bottle, I don't like being disappointed when

the
> wine is tainted by the cork.

FWIW, when I open a bottle of either Champagne or champagne ;^) you will
_never_ hear the cork *pop*. Too frequently that pop is accompanied by a
rush of bubbly wine that ends up going to waste on the floor, table etc., so
I carefully release the excess pressure _slowly_ when withdrawing the cork.
For similar reason, I pour sparkling wines down the side of a tilted glass.
Those bubbles are very expensive, and I want the full experience of them in
my _mouth_ - not propelling the wine to waste over the brim of the glass!

Tom S

[Bloomberg] Chipotle Faces No-Win Scenario as Crisis Taints Its Every Move Ubiquitous Mexican Cooking 0 17-03-2016 09:03 AM
[TN] Two sparklers Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 3 26-02-2008 03:53 PM
Sparklers Lawrence Leichtman Wine 8 03-09-2006 04:23 AM
Mango Mint Sparklers yankeegirL425 Recipes (moderated) 0 20-08-2005 05:37 AM
MANGO MINT SPARKLERS yankeegirL425 Recipes 0 19-08-2005 06:54 AM