Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Sparklers

Since we are rapidly approaching fall and my favorite Sparkling wine
season, has anyone tasted any recent vintage sparklers that really
appealed to them especially in view of price point. I've grown a bit
tired at what is available here and am looking for something new. Any
ideas for this thread?
Posted to alt.food.wine

Recently acquired a half case of '99 Cremant du Bourgogne (Perle D'Or) from
K & L wines for about $15 a bottle. I prefer many of the Burgundy Cremants
to their more expensive cousins from Champagne.

"Lawrence Leichtman" > wrote in message
> Since we are rapidly approaching fall and my favorite Sparkling wine
> season, has anyone tasted any recent vintage sparklers that really
> appealed to them especially in view of price point. I've grown a bit
> tired at what is available here and am looking for something new. Any
> ideas for this thread?

Posted to alt.food.wine

I think the NV Pinon Vouvray Petillant is very good ($15ish). If you
like sparkling chenin. The Huet Petillant is great, a little more than
$20 I think.
I liked the Bisol Jeio Prosecco for what it was at a tasting ($10)
In actual Champagne, I'm a fan of the Pierre Peters NV.
HTH

Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
> Since we are rapidly approaching fall and my favorite Sparkling wine
> season, has anyone tasted any recent vintage sparklers that really
> appealed to them especially in view of price point. I've grown a bit
> tired at what is available here and am looking for something new. Any
> ideas for this thread?

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article . com>,
"DaleW" > wrote:

> I think the NV Pinon Vouvray Petillant is very good ($15ish). If you
> like sparkling chenin. The Huet Petillant is great, a little more than
> $20 I think.
> I liked the Bisol Jeio Prosecco for what it was at a tasting ($10)
> In actual Champagne, I'm a fan of the Pierre Peters NV.
> HTH
>

> Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
> > Since we are rapidly approaching fall and my favorite Sparkling wine
> > season, has anyone tasted any recent vintage sparklers that really
> > appealed to them especially in view of price point. I've grown a bit
> > tired at what is available here and am looking for something new. Any
> > ideas for this thread?

Yep the Bisol is a nice Prosecco. I haven't had any sparkling chenin
blancs. Anyone have a review?
Posted to alt.food.wine

In article >,
Mike Tommasi > wrote:

> DaleW wrote:
> > I think the NV Pinon Vouvray Petillant is very good ($15ish). If you
> > like sparkling chenin. The Huet Petillant is great, a little more than
> > $20 I think.
> > I liked the Bisol Jeio Prosecco for what it was at a tasting ($10)
> > In actual Champagne, I'm a fan of the Pierre Peters NV.
> > HTH

> For under 12 ¤ one can get Foreau's Vouvray sparkler, very good indeed.
> And for under 10¤ you can find Chidaine's.

Are those two available in the US? I haven't seen them on any store
lists.

Posted to alt.food.wine

"DaleW" > wrote in news:1157212817.996297.58730
@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

> I think the NV Pinon Vouvray Petillant is very good ($15ish). If you
> like sparkling chenin. The Huet Petillant is great, a little more than
> $20 I think.

Interesting that you mention, because I purchased two bottles last year
when visiting Domaine Huet (priced at 11 euros each). By that time, I was
suscribed to jancisrobinson's purple pages and she said that it was a
sparkler to be laid down for 10 years.

All of you that have any experience with this wine, do you think it can
improve for such a long time. This was not offered in the very long tasting
during the visit.

Best,

S.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Santiago wrote:

> Interesting that you mention, because I purchased two bottles last year
> when visiting Domaine Huet (priced at 11 euros each). By that time, I was
> suscribed to jancisrobinson's purple pages and she said that it was a
> sparkler to be laid down for 10 years.
>
> All of you that have any experience with this wine, do you think it can
> improve for such a long time. This was not offered in the very long tasting
> during the visit.

I served the 1998 Huet to Jim Jones last year, and found it tasty but
with room to age. I'm in no hurry to open the 2000.

Posted to alt.food.wine

Lawrence Leichtman wrote:

> > For under 12 ¤ one can get Foreau's Vouvray sparkler, very good indeed.
> > And for under 10¤ you can find Chidaine's.

> Are those two available in the US? I haven't seen them on any store
> lists.

Try Astor or Chambers in NYC, both usually carry the Chidaine sparkling
Montlouis (and the Pinon, and Huet).

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article .com>,
"DaleW" > wrote:

> Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
> > >
> > > For under 12 ¤ one can get Foreau's Vouvray sparkler, very good indeed.
> > > And for under 10¤ you can find Chidaine's.

> > Are those two available in the US? I haven't seen them on any store
> > lists.

> Try Astor or Chambers in NYC, both usually carry the Chidaine sparkling
> Montlouis (and the Pinon, and Huet).

Thanks