R&M

Default What is best wine club to join in California?

Anyone have firsthand experience with these wine clubs and were they
worth the monthly fees?
Tom S

"R&M" > wrote in message
om...
> Anyone have firsthand experience with these wine clubs and were they
> worth the monthly fees?

Are you referring to the arrangement with wineries where they send you a
couple of bottles in the mail from time to time? They're a good deal for
the wineries, but not for the subscribers unless you get access to wines
that are not available at wine shops. They charge top dollar for the wine,
plus the shipping & handling charges can be pretty stiff.

If you can get the wines at _futures_ prices, I'd say it's a lot more
appealing - especially for "cult" wines. Heitz used to (maybe still does)
offer early release prices to those on his mailing list. The discount was
barely enough to cover S&H+sales tax (~10%), but you were assured of getting
the wine anyway.

Tom S

Tom S

om...