Larry B

Default Wine Aerators

Has anyone use one of these? Sharper Image has one that is part of a Wine
Kit that includes a lever corkscrew and a foil cutter. 1 minute of aeration
is supposed to equal 30 minutes of air (in bottle or decanted??). Cwdjrx
(Chuck) had mentioned this in a post in Oct 2002 but that post had no
meaningful responses.

Thanks, LarryB

Chuck Reid

Hi Larry;

Would this aeration device work any better than a vigorous decanting....
what I call the GLUG, GLUG, GLUG technique?
--
Regards
Chuck

To reply, delete NOSPAM from return address

"Larry B" > wrote in message
link.net...
> Has anyone use one of these? Sharper Image has one that is part of a Wine
> Kit that includes a lever corkscrew and a foil cutter. 1 minute of

aeration
> is supposed to equal 30 minutes of air (in bottle or decanted??). Cwdjrx
> (Chuck) had mentioned this in a post in Oct 2002 but that post had no
> meaningful responses.
>
> Thanks, LarryB

Mike Tommasi

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:17:12 -0400, "Chuck Reid"
> wrote:

>Hi Larry;
>
>Would this aeration device work any better than a vigorous decanting....
>what I call the GLUG, GLUG, GLUG technique?

Glug glug is very efficient, and cheap.

Mike

Mike Tommasi, Six Fours, France
email link http://www.tommasi.org/mymail
Mathew Kagis

"Larry B" > wrote in message
link.net...
> Has anyone use one of these? Sharper Image has one that is part of a Wine
> Kit that includes a lever corkscrew and a foil cutter. 1 minute of

aeration
> is supposed to equal 30 minutes of air (in bottle or decanted??). Cwdjrx
> (Chuck) had mentioned this in a post in Oct 2002 but that post had no
> meaningful responses.
>
> Thanks, LarryB

I'e seen a couple of wine makers who use a modification of the glug, glug
method.... Two decanters, pouring the wine back & forth between them.
Seeing it made me think of old time Alchemists or the original Royal Society
Scientists of the Baroque era. Probably still cheaper than what the
marketing department of sharper image is offering.

have fun
Mathew

Cwdjrx _

You can pour the wine into a small glass pitcher, splashing as much as
you see fit, and return it to the bottle or a decanter using a glass or
plastic funnel, if necessary. If you think you need much more air, you
could use a second empty bottle holding about 2 bottles of wine and
having a stopper or cap, and shake the wine well before returning it to
the wine bottle or pouring it into a decanter. Or if you decde the wine
needs air after it is in the wine glass, just swirl the wine rapidly and
let it stand a while. Those huge wine glasses that are now so popular
will allow you to slosh the wine around the glass very well.

Larry B

"Cwdjrx _" > wrote in message
> You can pour the wine into a small glass pitcher, splashing as much as
> you see fit, and return it to the bottle or a decanter using a glass or
> plastic funnel, if necessary. If you think you need much more air, you
> could use a second empty bottle holding about 2 bottles of wine and
> having a stopper or cap, and shake the wine well before returning it to
> the wine bottle or pouring it into a decanter. Or if you decde the wine
> needs air after it is in the wine glass, just swirl the wine rapidly and
> let it stand a while. Those huge wine glasses that are now so popular
> will allow you to slosh the wine around the glass very well.

So, no one has used one but it seems like a stupid idea anyway. Right?

Dale Williams

In article k.net>, "Larry B"
> writes:

>o, no one has used one but it seems like a stupid idea anyway. Right?

Pretty close. I don't buy wine magnets either. I also don't think the US income
tax is illegal, nor that if I send that guy $5 dollars (It worked for me!!!) in
a chain letter.

On a really tight, really tannic young wine, I confess to using the 2 decanter
method at least once (pretty sucessfully, actually)
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply