Rich R

Default Easy going white

Late work day for both myself and my wife. Ordered in Chinese, but not the
hot,spicy stuff. Pork and chicken egg foo yung. So what wine? She likes oaky
whites, I like crunchy whites. The perfect compromise, a white Burgundy, but
not too costly because it is only Monday. Went downstairs and found a case
of Louis Latour Macon-Lugny Les Genievres 2002. Think it cost about USD 10 a
bottle. This was perfect with the starchy, fatty Chinese fare. The wine has
almost no oak, but really perfect green apple and some pear. Enough acid to
make me happy, and enough fruit to make my wife happy. She prefers a little
more oak and butter, but she assures me this wine was just fine..

Rich
--
The journey is the reward.

jcoulter

"Rich R" > wrote in
. com:

> Late work day for both myself and my wife. Ordered in Chinese, but not
> the hot,spicy stuff. Pork and chicken egg foo yung. So what wine? She
> likes oaky whites, I like crunchy whites. The perfect compromise, a
> white Burgundy, but not too costly because it is only Monday. Went
> downstairs and found a case of Louis Latour Macon-Lugny Les Genievres
> 2002. Think it cost about USD 10 a bottle.

Your pricing is just about on the mark. I have found this one to be a nice
general purpose white as well.

Dale Williams

Thanks for the note. From all reports sounds like '02 Burg whites are pretty
good. I think the Maconnais whites from good producers do offer very good
value. Cheers!
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply