Johnners

Default Mormoreto Frescobaldi

Hi there,

does anyone have experience of this wine? I have a bt of the 1997, and all I
know is that it is an IGT Toscana, Cabernet Sauvignon, and in an extremely
heavy bottle!

Winsepctator note says Big, soft and rich. Loads of crushed berry,
blackberry and cherry aromas follow through to a medium-bodied palate with
soft tannins and a light dried herb finish. Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet
Franc. Best after 2001. (www.winespectator.com, Oct. 31, 2000)

but have any of you had a crack at this?

Johnners

Dale Williams

Haven't had the 97. Did have the '93 last year, pretty decent wine, fully
mature at the time, showing some Tuscan character beneath a Bordeaux-like
exterior.

(prepare yourself for some opinionated pontification, with little basis in
reality):
Don't have any direct experience with this, but wouldn't be shocked (based on
normal cab aging patterns and other '97 Tuscans) if this was a little closed
right now. But I also wouldn't age for long time, as my opinion of 1997 is that
it made a lot of glorious wines for drinking young, but most aren't long-agers,
due to low-acidity.

I'd either drink in 2-3 years, or now with an hour or more decanting.

Obviously, if anyone has actually TASTED, their opinion would be actually
valuable.

Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply
Johnners

thanks for that, Dale.

I think I shall go for the 'long breathing' option

After all, I'd far rather drink it too young than too late!!

I will let you know.