Dale Williams

Default QPR alert (only for US folks who can ship from NY)

(hope no one is offended by this, I don't do this often.But in other wine
communities it's not uncommon for folks to share things they think of as deals.
If people object, let me know and I won't do again. I have no affiliation with
any of the below stores except as a customer, I will vouch that each is very
well-known for impeccable storage and good customer service)

I was in Zachy's last night, popped in Zachys, and stumbled across the 2000
Caronne St. Gemme (Haut-Medoc)for $8.99!! Sherry-Lehman has this for $24.95,
winesearcher prices range from $16 to $28. There was a magnum of this at my
satellite offline in Feb. , not my favorite of the night, but certainly a buy
at this price. Others liked it better, comparing to Sociando Mallet. S-L is
showing positive Clive Coates comments. It's in today's paper in Zachy's ad, so
they must have a good supply. Though it doesn't seem to be showing up on
website- I'd call. Their spring sale seems to have a continuation of last
week's 2000 Bordeaux sale, some things are available cheaper elsewhere
(d'Issan, for instance) but some good deals (Bernadotte for $14.99).

While I'm listing deals, Sherry-Lehmann has '94 Talbot for $19.95. This is
never going to be a classic mature Bdx, the tannins are a little hard, but
should be a nice steak wine for next few years.

And Rochambeau (which doesn't do much in the way of sales, just good prices
most of the time) has a nice list of mostly under-$20 Bordeaux- Bertineau St.
Vincent (Lalande de , Grand Moueys (Premieres Cotes de
Bordeaux)* @ 9.99*, Les Troix Croix (Fronsac)@ 17.49. They're also offering a
good deal on sampler cases of 2000 (the assortment ranges from Grand Moueys up
to Gloria, Langoa-Barton, etc.) for a reduced price.

Hope this helps someone.
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply