Fred

Default Wine Opener Problems

I have a wine opener. It can attach to a counter or a stand. It is not a
hand-held one. After it was assembled the packaging was "cleaned up". This
involved throwing away the instructions. The opener does not remove the
cork entirely. After using the corkscrew there is about 1/4" of the cork
left in the bottle. There is the word "ESTATE" on the opener. There are 3
screws on thje opener. I am sure the travel of the worm is an easy
adjustment. Without the instructions I have no idea how to do it.

Fred.
gerald

I have two "ESTATE" openers. Both behave in the manner described
below. I had assumed the purpose of the cork position was to keep
the bottle from droping on the floor.

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 00:52:39 GMT, Fred > wrote:

>I have a wine opener. It can attach to a counter or a stand. It is not a
>hand-held one. After it was assembled the packaging was "cleaned up". This
>involved throwing away the instructions. The opener does not remove the
>cork entirely. After using the corkscrew there is about 1/4" of the cork
>left in the bottle. There is the word "ESTATE" on the opener. There are 3
>screws on thje opener. I am sure the travel of the worm is an easy
>adjustment. Without the instructions I have no idea how to do it.
>
>Fred.

Fred

Apparently there are some corks that are longer than others. Some corks are
removed in their entirety and some corks behave as described. This is a
defect and not a "feature". I have written the company and the worm is not
adjustable. I will try twisting the bottle as suggested when removing a
cork.

Fred.

gerald > wrote in
: