Ryan

Default Help for a wine beginner

Hi everyone,

I've got a bottle of Cabernet Merlot - I know nothing about wines, but I
just bought it because it said
that it goes well with cheeses on the label - which is what I want it for.

However, I don't know whether I should serve it cold. i.e. do I put it in
the fridge?

Also, I can't seem to find any websites which tell you what to drink with
what and how to drink it etc.
So if somebody could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it

Thanks for any help you can provide

Cheers
Ryan

Martin Field

"Ryan" > wrote in message
u...
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've got a bottle of Cabernet Merlot - I know nothing

about wines, but I
> just bought it because it said
> that it goes well with cheeses on the label - which is

what I want it for.

> However, I don't know whether I should serve it cold. i.e.

do I put it in
> the fridge?
>
> Also, I can't seem to find any websites which tell you

what to drink with
> what and how to drink it etc.
> So if somebody could point me in the right direction I'd

appreciate it

> Thanks for any help you can provide
>
> Cheers
> Ryan

Hi Ryan - what you've got is a blend of 2 red grapes,
cabernet sauvignon and merlot - it doesn't need
refrigerating. Try it with a mature cheddar or similar but
not with strong blue cheese. If you put the search string
"wine and food matching" into Google you should find any
number of sites that will provide the info you need.
Cheers!
Martin

Ryan

Thankyou very much for your help, Martin, it is much appreciated

Ryan

"Martin Field" > wrote in message

> "Ryan" > wrote in message
> u...
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I've got a bottle of Cabernet Merlot - I know nothing

> about wines, but I
> > just bought it because it said
> > that it goes well with cheeses on the label - which is

> what I want it for.
> >
> > However, I don't know whether I should serve it cold. i.e.

> do I put it in
> > the fridge?
> >
> > Also, I can't seem to find any websites which tell you

> what to drink with
> > what and how to drink it etc.
> > So if somebody could point me in the right direction I'd

> appreciate it
> >
> > Thanks for any help you can provide
> >
> > Cheers
> > Ryan
> >

> Hi Ryan - what you've got is a blend of 2 red grapes,
> cabernet sauvignon and merlot - it doesn't need
> refrigerating. Try it with a mature cheddar or similar but
> not with strong blue cheese. If you put the search string
> "wine and food matching" into Google you should find any
> number of sites that will provide the info you need.
> Cheers!
> Martin

K-Syrah

Ryan, here's a link you might try.....Cheers !
http://www.happy-harrys.com/basics.htm
Rich R

"Ryan" > wrote in message
u...
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've got a bottle of Cabernet Merlot - I know nothing about wines, but I
> just bought it because it said
> that it goes well with cheeses on the label - which is what I want it for.

Well, the harder, more scented cheese goes great with drier, full-bodied
reds. But that can get really boring. If you like fuller-drier reds, try
them with a hamburger, or maybe just steak and fries. If you want to blow
your mind (and you like cheese) try Allegrini. Amarone
with some hard cheese.

Rich

Rich

> However, I don't know whether I should serve it cold. i.e. do I put it in
> the fridge?
>
> Also, I can't seem to find any websites which tell you what to drink with
> what and how to drink it etc.
> So if somebody could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide
>
> Cheers
> Ryan

Ryan

Thanks K and Rich

It is very confusing for somebody who has hardly every drunk wine in his
life before.
I thank you for your help.

Now I just need to try and get my head around it :-)

Cheers
Ryan

"Ryan" > wrote in message
u...
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've got a bottle of Cabernet Merlot - I know nothing about wines, but I
> just bought it because it said
> that it goes well with cheeses on the label - which is what I want it for.
>
> However, I don't know whether I should serve it cold. i.e. do I put it in
> the fridge?
>
> Also, I can't seem to find any websites which tell you what to drink with
> what and how to drink it etc.
> So if somebody could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide
>
> Cheers
> Ryan

Two beginner questions Eric Abrahamsen Sourdough 16 20-10-2008 03:21 PM
How does beginner winemaking differ from beginner homebrewing? Adam Preble Winemaking 30 26-04-2005 05:33 PM
Please Help a Beginner Wannbe Basil Fawlty Winemaking 5 31-05-2004 02:46 PM
Beginner RonMcdnl4 Wine 1 20-11-2003 10:43 PM
Hints for a beginner. Tom and Shelley Winemaking 7 31-10-2003 01:31 AM