FoodBanter.com

-   -   Piedmont producers (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/23674-re-piedmont-producers.html)

Joe Beppe Rosenberg 20-02-2004 10:41 PM

Piedmont producers

There are a few spelling errors but I am familiar with a few producers--I'll
put a yes or no on the ones I know. Where is the event taking place? Please
check you spelling especially on producers I've not commented on.

--
Joe "Beppe" Rosenberg
former wine-broker
"Cherie" > wrote in message
.. .
> Hi everyone
>
> I'm not new to wine but Piedmont isn't my strong suit. Below is a list of
> producers hosting a tasting. Can the Italian experts out there lend a hand
> for which tables to make sure I hit and which to avoid?
>
> Agostino Pavia
> Loredana Addari
> Mario Amerio
> Brovia-No
> Cantina del pino
> Cascina degli ulivi
> Cieck
> Erbaluna
> Rovero
> Malvira-Yes excellent arneis
> Aldo marenco-yes
> Mario Torelli
> Molino Franco
> Orlando Abrigo
> Michele Reverdito
> Aurelio settimo-yes
> Batasiolo-Used to be very commercial but could have improved.
> Bersano-See Batasaiolo
> Borgognot--several borgognos all good-my friends the Boschis (Cesare) owns

G. Borgogno

Mike Tommasi 21-02-2004 12:51 PM

Piedmont producers

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:58:47 GMT, (Cherie)
wrote:

>Hi everyone
>
>I'm not new to wine but Piedmont isn't my strong suit. Below is a list of
>producers hosting a tasting. Can the Italian experts out there lend a hand
>for which tables to make sure I hit and which to avoid?

>Pelissero

I have never heard of half these names, and of the rest, this is the
one that stands out.

Mike

Mike Tommasi, Six Fours, France
email link
http://www.tommasi.org/mymail

CNS 24-02-2004 04:45 PM

Piedmont producers

Hi!

Thanks for the help offered. The tasting is in Vancouver. Here is a link I
found to the event which is open to trade only.
http://www.gismondionwine.com/article.php?key=437

Sorry about any spelling mistakes. I was taking it from this list. If that
web page changes your mind about any of these let me know!
Thanks again!
Cherie

"Joe Beppe Rosenberg" > wrote

Cesare 01-03-2004 07:54 PM

Piedmont producers

"Cherie" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> I'm not new to wine but Piedmont isn't my strong suit.

Can the Italian experts out there lend a hand
> for which tables to make sure I hit and which to avoid?

Look he

http://www.enotecadelpiemonte.it

Ciao
Cesare

gerald 02-03-2004 12:49 PM

Piedmont producers

Get a copy of Gambero Rosso, or Italian Wines 2004, and go to the
Piedmont section.