Fred

Default Reidel Glasses With BYOB

We had a nice dinner the other night. We had been saving a '79 Latour for
just such an occasion. I was as wonderful as you might expect. Upon asking
the waiter to decant the wine we had brought, he said "That is a nice
bottle. Let me get you some better glasses." He then returned with some
Reidel glasses. When you BYOB it is usually "tolerated". He decanted the
wine properly and brought us nice glasses. It was well worth the $35 we
paid for corkage. This was in Las Vegas. Restaurants here will let you
BYOB. It is just not something they advertise. We were very impressed not
only with the food, but the service. This was at Craftsteak at the MGM
Grand. We were so impressed with the service we gave him the '89 Pichon
Lalande we brought as a backup.

Fred.
Ron Lel

"Fred" > wrote in message
> We had a nice dinner the other night. We had been saving a '79 Latour for
> just such an occasion. I was as wonderful as you might expect. Upon asking
> the waiter to decant the wine we had brought, he said "That is a nice
> bottle. Let me get you some better glasses." He then returned with some
> Reidel glasses. When you BYOB it is usually "tolerated". He decanted the
> wine properly and brought us nice glasses. It was well worth the $35 we
> paid for corkage. This was in Las Vegas. Restaurants here will let you
> BYOB. It is just not something they advertise. We were very impressed not
> only with the food, but the service. This was at Craftsteak at the MGM
> Grand.

We were so impressed with the service we gave him the '89 Pichon
> Lalande we brought as a backup.
>
> Fred.

What, there were two of you and you didn't drink the Pichon as well?? Shame.

Ron Lel

Fred

"Ron Lel" > wrote in
:

> "Fred" > wrote in message
>> We were so impressed with the service we gave him the '89 Pichon
>> Lalande we brought as a backup.
>>
>> Fred.

> What, there were two of you and you didn't drink the Pichon as well??
> Shame.
>
> Ron Lel

There was talk of that. With my disease (MS) I am what is known as a "cheap
date". A couple of drinks will really get me going. We decided against
another bottle. I am a mathemetician and as we were going to play Blackjack
later I at least had to have a couple of wits about me.

Fred.
Tom S

"Fred" > wrote in message
> We were so impressed with the service we gave him the '89 Pichon
> Lalande we brought as a backup.

Aaack!! I might have preferred drinking the Lalande and giving away the
Latour!

Tom S

Rick Dalderis

Fred or Ron,
I have a case of the 89'Pinchon Lalande in my celler that I've been waiting
to open.
Have you enjoyed it yet? Any comments on the 89?
Rick

"Fred" > wrote in message
newsTEYb.2806$7k3.284@fed1read01...
> "Ron Lel" > wrote in
> :
>

> > "Fred" > wrote in message
> >> We were so impressed with the service we gave him the '89 Pichon
> >> Lalande we brought as a backup.
> >>
> >> Fred.

> > What, there were two of you and you didn't drink the Pichon as well??
> > Shame.
> >
> > Ron Lel

> There was talk of that. With my disease (MS) I am what is known as a

"cheap
> date". A couple of drinks will really get me going. We decided against
> another bottle. I am a mathemetician and as we were going to play

Blackjack
> later I at least had to have a couple of wits about me.
>
> Fred.

Michael Bartlett

*thinks as to how I can impress Fred...*

>We were so impressed with the service we gave him the '89 Pichon
> Lalande we brought as a backup.
>
> Fred.

Fred

"Rick Dalderis" > wrote in

> Fred or Ron,
> I have a case of the 89'Pinchon Lalande in my celler that I've been
> waiting to open.
> Have you enjoyed it yet? Any comments on the 89?
> Rick

We obviously did not drink the Lalande that night. I haven't had the '89 in
recent memory. I remember it being a little young many years ago. It is
probably fantastic now. If you have a case, open one and see how it is. I
went through quite a few bottles of the '88 and it was very good. I just
opened the last bottle I had of the '88 a few weeks ago.

Fred.
Ron Lel

"Rick Dalderis" > wrote in message
> Fred or Ron,
> I have a case of the 89'Pinchon Lalande in my celler that I've been

waiting
> to open.
> Have you enjoyed it yet? Any comments on the 89?
> Rick
>
> snipped

Hi Rick, I have drunk the 89 on a number of occasions, the last being
shortly before Christmas in less than ideal conditions, (27C room temp - I
am in Oz).
Having said this it opened well and had nice fine grained tannins, typical
of the vineyard. I would not be in a hurry to open the rest, though it is
drinking well.

Cheers
Ron

Anders Tørneskog

"Fred" > wrote in message
>... He then returned with some
> Reidel glasses.

Reidel here, Reidel there, Reidel everywhere, except where they make it and
where they know the name really is Riedel... like in Riesling...
Anders

wondering about reidel o wine glasses Dee Dovey Wine 26 18-02-2010 08:10 PM
R.F.C. Friday Happy Hour! BYOB. Andy[_2_] General Cooking 10 19-02-2007 12:13 AM
I want those glasses sf General Cooking 2 22-11-2004 03:25 AM
BYOB Restaurants SJP Wine 10 13-05-2004 09:43 PM
BYOB Etiquette Jim Wine 6 12-12-2003 07:18 PM