Larry

Default release date vs date on bottle- confused

GAMAY RESERVE 2000
VINTAGES 289082 750 mL bottle

Wine, Still Table Wine, Red Still Table Wine
14.0% Alcohol/Vol.
Sugar Content : D
This is a VQA wine

Made in: Ontario, Canada
By: Cave Spring
Release Date: September 21, 2002

My LCBO vintage book list this wine as Gamay Reserve 2002.
The LCBO listing on the computer lists it as above ----2000.
And the bottle says 2002 on it.

Is the bottle I have 4 years old or just two? Confused.

Larry
Southern Ontario

Kirk-O-Scottland

"Larry" > wrote in message
> GAMAY RESERVE 2000
> VINTAGES 289082 750 mL bottle
>
> Wine, Still Table Wine, Red Still Table Wine
> 14.0% Alcohol/Vol.
> Sugar Content : D
> This is a VQA wine
>
> Made in: Ontario, Canada
> By: Cave Spring
> Release Date: September 21, 2002
>

> My LCBO vintage book list this wine as Gamay Reserve 2002.
> The LCBO listing on the computer lists it as above ----2000.
> And the bottle says 2002 on it.
>
> Is the bottle I have 4 years old or just two? Confused.

The year on the bottle is the year in which the grapes were harvested.
Vintners then hold the wine for aging for various lengths of time - the
release date is the when the wine is made available to distributors and thus
retailers soon after.

Dana Myers

Larry wrote:
> GAMAY RESERVE 2000
> VINTAGES 289082 750 mL bottle
>
> Wine, Still Table Wine, Red Still Table Wine
> 14.0% Alcohol/Vol.
> Sugar Content : D
> This is a VQA wine
>
> Made in: Ontario, Canada
> By: Cave Spring
> Release Date: September 21, 2002
>

> My LCBO vintage book list this wine as Gamay Reserve 2002.
> The LCBO listing on the computer lists it as above ----2000.
> And the bottle says 2002 on it.
>
> Is the bottle I have 4 years old or just two? Confused.

Based on the vintage date on the label, the grapes
were picked in 2000, made into wine, bottled and then
released on 21 Sept 2002. Sounds about right for a red
wine. It's three vintages old.

Dana