jcoulter

Default Mount Riley 2001 SB

St Helier mentioned the 2002 of this recently. I had the pleasure of
researching this wine and checking up on his Lordship this evening over a
risotto with scallops and shrimp (do not tell Mike T, Mike if you are
reading, stop here and skip the next line)
served as a main course.
The wine was crisp, clean and without the heavy grapefruit notes that get
in the way of my enjoyment with food. An excellent wine that was purchased
on closeout so no more and definitely not at the price. Damn!

On the easy graders scale it was a B+ (ok my students used to say I was a
rough grader. . . A-)