Nils Gustaf Lindgren

Default 2000 "Laurus" Côte Rotie (Meffre)

Hello;
At a small tasting in the "Munskänkarna", which is the Swedish rip-off of
the Chevaliers de Tastevins, where the subject was Beaujolais and Northern
Rhone. (Thankfully, noone was required to taste Beaujolais Noveau, even
though it is supposed to be fairly good this year ...)
[C] Very dark purple, as near to opaque as no matter, with very prominent
legs
[N] An explosion of complexity. Starting with bitter orange zest, smoked ham
and tar, violets, Gorgonzola (though self failed to appreciate that), and
ending on strong coffee.
[P] Massive, mouthfilling, lovely balance between tannins and acids, fruit,
with great length, and youthfull exuberance.
I´d drink this wine today with some really game-y game (not elk, which is
amazingly sweet), or else save it for ... ages.
Costs SEK 299, corresponding to EU 33, so is in the deep end of the pond,
but, if I had the cash, I´d pay it. Clueless, am I?

Talking of clueless: as I write this, a guy on the Road Runner ISP is trying
to break into my computer. Since he can´t see my OS, he is attempting an
exploit targetted at Win 98. He´s been at it for three hours! Where he is,
the time is (I´d guess) late evening. I just wish he´d get a life ... they
can be very useful.

Cheers!

Nils Gustaf

--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se

Mark Lipton

Nils Gustaf Lindgren wrote:

> <SNIP notes>
> I´d drink this wine today with some really game-y game (not elk, which is
> amazingly sweet), or else save it for ... ages.
> Costs SEK 299, corresponding to EU 33, so is in the deep end of the pond,
> but, if I had the cash, I´d pay it. Clueless, am I?

Thanks for the notes, Nils. I'm going to have to get my hands on this one.
It sounds wonderful.

> Talking of clueless: as I write this, a guy on the Road Runner ISP is trying
> to break into my computer. Since he can´t see my OS, he is attempting an
> exploit targetted at Win 98. He´s been at it for three hours! Where he is,
> the time is (I´d guess) late evening. I just wish he´d get a life ... they
> can be very useful.

If you haven't already, send your logs to . Because these are
static cable modem IP addresses, very often they are the targets of script
kiddies who compromise those boxes to then launch attacks at other computers.

Cheers!
Mark Lipton

Nils Gustaf Lindgren

--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se
> Thanks for the notes, Nils. I'm going to have to get my hands on this

one.
> It sounds wonderful.

By all means, do. Never heard of the producer, who apparently does his thing
in Gigondas (a not insignificant piece of road from Copte Rotie). according
to our Master of Ceremonies, he does CR´s that are fairly accessible at an
early age.

> If you haven't already, send your logs to . Because these

are
> static cable modem IP addresses, very often they are the targets of script
> kiddies who compromise those boxes to then launch attacks at other

computers.

Fear not, good Professor Lipton, I already did. My firewall is an extremely
meanminded one for a software product, and I do believe I have hinm nailed
.... he is stilla t it, byt the way. More htan 12 hours now. Thinking of
sending him jolt 2 as a friendly warningshot across his bows, but am not, as
this is strictly against the law and propriety for goodnatured and
wellmannered netizens as yours truly.

Cheers!

Nils Gustaf