Larry

Default Zinfandel..Hey Dick!

I remembered a thread about Zinfanadels about 2-3 months ago. Dick,
you mentioned (notice the comma is in the correct spot ;-) that
Ravenswood Vitners Blend was one of your favourites.

Well, it finally came to Canada and I bought it today (with
reservations cause I'm a CAB fan. I had it with chili tonight. It is
very good. The bottle did say good with spicy food so I added more
hot sauce. Wine stood up very well to all the heat.

Now it was IMHO only medium bodied compared to the type of reds that
if you put a knife in it will almost stand up on it's own, but I was
as good as you mentioned way back when.

Ok I'm done. I "hear" my wife wondering where I am. Better get back
to my guests.

Bye

Larry Stumpf,
S. Ontario,
Canada
pavane

"Larry" > wrote in message
> I remembered a thread about Zinfanadels about 2-3 months ago. Dick,
> you mentioned (notice the comma is in the correct spot ;-) that
> Ravenswood Vitners Blend was one of your favourites.
>
> Well, it finally came to Canada and I bought it today (with
> reservations cause I'm a CAB fan. I had it with chili tonight. It is
> very good. The bottle did say good with spicy food so I added more
> hot sauce. Wine stood up very well to all the heat.
>
> Now it was IMHO only medium bodied compared to the type of reds that
> if you put a knife in it will almost stand up on it's own, but I was
> as good as you mentioned way back when.
>
> Ok I'm done. I "hear" my wife wondering where I am. Better get back
> to my guests.

The year is critical on this one; 1999 and 2001 are both quite
good while 2000 is pretty mediocre--light and insubstantial.
Which did you have?

pavane

pavane

"Larry" > wrote in message
news

> >The year is critical on this one; 1999 and 2001 are both quite
> >good while 2000 is pretty mediocre--light and insubstantial.
> >Which did you have?
> >
> >pavane

> Had the 2001.

My favorite of the recent vintages, definitely medium-bodied
with very clean, bright fruit (a wonderful wine to demonstrate
what the so-called "zinberry" tastes are) and enough substance
to work as you noted with heavy spicing. In the world of more
and more zin-monsters I am glad to see this consistency of
style in an affordable (US$8-10) well available wine.

pavane

Larry

>The year is critical on this one; 1999 and 2001 are both quite
>good while 2000 is pretty mediocre--light and insubstantial.
>Which did you have?
>
>pavane

Had the 2001.

Larry Stumpf,