Ken Sternberg

Default Garnet Wines Question

Does anyone know if J.R. (Jack Battipaglia Jr.) still works there?
Joe Beppe Rosenberg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't JR the grandson of the owner of Garnet
(& Gotham too)--his father was Skinny Jack. Legend has it the grandfather
was extremly effective in negotiating discounts from distributors and
suppliers.

--
Joe "Beppe" Rosenberg
"Dale Williams" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> (Ken Sternberg) writes:
>
> >Does anyone know if J.R. (Jack Battipaglia Jr.) still works there?

> He was the Burgundy buyer, right? I don't know. David Lille left (started
> Chambers St), know Garnet has had a lot of turnover.
> Dale
>
> Dale Williams
> Drop "damnspam" to reply

Ken Sternberg

J.R. is the son of Skinny Jack, owner of Gotham and "advisor" or
"consultant" to Garnet, as his wife (Skinny's) technically owns
Garnet.

J.R. bought the Burgundy, and really taught me a lot about that region
when I worked there for two years. I'm very surprised that David
Lillie left, though Garnet is no doubt better for it. Where did he go?