Dale Williams

Default TN: Brun Beaujolais and Lafarge Aligote

Tuesday with dinner of corned beef and cabbage we had my last bottle of the
2000 JP Brun (Terres Dorres) LAncien Beaujolais. Everything I want in
Beaujolais - ethereally light yet with a depth of flavor, cherry and strawberry
fruit with a touch of earthiness. Fantastic wine for under $10 , absolutely
lovely. A nice surprise, I thought I only had the 2001 (which is pretty damn
good too). B+/A-

Last night we had an early dinner, Betsy was playing Floyd's "Of Mice and Men"
and had gotten a friend and I tickets (nice production, with standout
performance by Anthony Dean Griffey if anyone cares). We had veal chops with
sage, a oniony mushroom risotto, and steamed greens, with the 2001
Michel Lafarge "Raisins Dores" Bourgogne Aligoté. I had really liked the
2001 Lafarge Bourgogne Passetoutgrains, and was looking forward to my first
Lafarge white after hearing good things about his Aligoté. That's a recipe for
disappointment, but not this time. Great for a $12 white. Rich apple fruit with
a little lemony bite, a pleasant hint of herbs, mouthfilling body with bright
acidity. Long nutty finish, big smiles on both of our faces. B+/A-

If value included, both of these would be flatout As in my book.

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B
a good wine, C mediocre at best. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a
party where it was only choice.

Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply
Ken Sternberg

That was a great vintage for the wine. The 2001 was incredibly bad.

amnspam (Dale Williams) wrote in message >...
> Tuesday with dinner of corned beef and cabbage we had my last bottle of the
> 2000 JP Brun (Terres Dorres) LAncien Beaujolais.

TN: CA Semillon and Bourgogne Aligote DaleW Wine 5 14-03-2010 04:51 AM
TN: What is this? Brun, both Beaujolais Blanc and.......VdT? DaleW Wine 1 23-12-2008 03:48 AM
TN: Lafarge Aligote DaleW Wine 7 06-10-2005 08:37 PM
TN: '01 CdCastillon, '00 Aligote Dale Williams Wine 0 04-12-2004 08:54 PM
TN: Aligote, '03 rose, GV Dale Williams Wine 4 25-06-2004 08:39 AM