RV WRLee

Default Decent Shiraz

>I have been drinking Mad Fish Shiraz (Australian; 12.99/bottle), and enjoy
>it immensely--a very good buy for the money.

I met the winemaker recently while he was on a swing through the US doing
tastings for marketing. Nice enough chap. The wine was typical of Australian
Shiraz in this price category. Plenty of soft, fleshy fruit, fairly high
concentration of fruit and oak, practically no tannins or acid backbone. A
good dose of alcohol and heat. I can see why folks like the wine but it's just
not my cup of tea.
Bi!!
Oliver White

Cool,

definitely in my price range. Will pick up a bottle next time I'm in Dan
Murphys. :-D

In article .com>,
"steve" > wrote:

> I have been drinking Mad Fish Shiraz (Australian; 12.99/bottle), and
> enjoy it immensely--a very good buy for the money.

Matt

I've had the 2001 and the 2000 Mad Fish Shiraz in one weekend. The 2000 is
from a year in which apparently lot of cyclones were active around Oz.
Hence, the 2000 was very average while the 2001 was rich and fruity. I
bought it for about $10.99 and it's really a great buy.

"Oliver White" > wrote in message
> Cool,
>
> definitely in my price range. Will pick up a bottle next time I'm in Dan
> Murphys. :-D
>
> In article .com>,
> "steve" > wrote:
>
> > I have been drinking Mad Fish Shiraz (Australian; 12.99/bottle), and
> > enjoy it immensely--a very good buy for the money.

Kurgan666

"Matt" > wrote in message .net>...
> I've had the 2001 and the 2000 Mad Fish Shiraz in one weekend. The 2000 is
> from a year in which apparently lot of cyclones were active around Oz.
> Hence, the 2000 was very average while the 2001 was rich and fruity. I
> bought it for about $10.99 and it's really a great buy.
>

> "Oliver White" > wrote in message
> > Cool,
> >
> > definitely in my price range. Will pick up a bottle next time I'm in Dan
> > Murphys. :-D
> >
> > In article .com>,
> > "steve" > wrote:
> >
> > > I have been drinking Mad Fish Shiraz (Australian; 12.99/bottle), and
> > > enjoy it immensely--a very good buy for the money.

Another daily-drinker shiraz I've really enjoyed lately is the 2002
Paringa. A super value at around $10.