Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '08 Drylands SB

Tonight, Jean and I went out for a rare night out to see "Julie and
Julia," a film that we both thoroughly enjoyed (side note: Meryl
Streep's performance as Julia Child in the film is nothing short of
miraculous. The film's depiction of the roles of Child, Simca and
Louisa in producing their book was also accurate and valuable).
Afterward, we grabbed a quick light dinner at a recently opened patio
bar adjacent to one of our downtown fine dining establishments. With
some sushi and a truffle oil pizza (thankfully sparing with the truffle
oil), we got a bottle of:

2008 Drylands Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough)
nose: grassy, pungent, herbal, green
palate: dry, medium body, good acidity

In contrast to many of the NZ SBs of recent years, this wine had no
residual sugar and a pronounced herbal quality that put me in mind of
Grüner Veltliner. Very enjoyable, and furher testament to the qualiity
of '08 vintage in NZ.

Mark Lipton