Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '07 Dönnhoff Estate Riesling & CdR

Yet another note on this perennial favorite:

2007 Dönnhoff Riesling QbA
nose: limes, stones and a hint of peach
palate: light, lithe, crisp acidity, slightly off-dry

Tonight, for Andrew's 5th birthday we got pizza (his request) and opened
a birthyear wine:

2004 Dom. de l'Espigouette Cotes du Rhone Vieilles Vignes ($12.95)
nose: very meaty Grenache fruit, dark cherries
palate: medium body, good acidity, fruit, meat (beef blood?) and some
minerality

A fine pizza wine, this perennial favorite in our household yet again
comes through. Although very fine tonight, this wine would have no
problem aging another 3-5 years IMO. (Again, a CdR from a Vacqueyras
producer)

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 00:43:45 -0400, Mark Lipton wrote:

> Yet another note on this perennial favorite:
>
> 2007 Dönnhoff Riesling QbA
> nose: limes, stones and a hint of peach palate: light, lithe, crisp
> acidity, slightly off-dry
>
> Tonight, for Andrew's 5th birthday we got pizza (his request) and opened
> a birthyear wine:
>
> 2004 Dom. de l'Espigouette Cotes du Rhone Vieilles Vignes ($12.95)
> nose: very meaty Grenache fruit, dark cherries palate: medium body, good
> acidity, fruit, meat (beef blood?) and some minerality
>
> A fine pizza wine, this perennial favorite in our household yet again
> comes through. Although very fine tonight, this wine would have no
> problem aging another 3-5 years IMO. (Again, a CdR from a Vacqueyras
> producer)
>
> Mark Lipton

How many glasses of the wine did Andrew drink? ;-)

Godzilla
Posted to alt.food.wine

Default '07 Dönnhoff Estate Riesling & CdR

On Sep 15, 12:43*am, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Yet another note on this perennial favorite:
>
> 2007 Dönnhoff Riesling QbA
> nose: limes, stones and a hint of peach
> palate: light, lithe, crisp acidity, slightly off-dry
>
> Tonight, for Andrew's 5th birthday we got pizza (his request) and opened
> a birthyear wine:
>
> 2004 Dom. de l'Espigouette Cotes du Rhone Vieilles Vignes *($12.95)
> nose: very meaty Grenache fruit, dark cherries
> palate: medium body, good acidity, fruit, meat (beef blood?) and some
> minerality
>
> A fine pizza wine, this perennial favorite in our household yet again
> comes through. *Although very fine tonight, this wine would have no
> problem aging another 3-5 years IMO. *(Again, a CdR from a Vacqueyras
> producer)
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: *http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

Wow, 5 already! Happy Birthday to him.
I like the 07 Donnhoff a lot, have a few left, but a bottle of 08 in
queue to compare
My only experience with Espigouette is a bottle you gave me, which I
quite liked
Posted to alt.food.wine

Godzilla Lizard wrote:

> How many glasses of the wine did Andrew drink? ;-)

Although I offered him a taste of the CdR, he declined it.

Mark Lipton