Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Lemon Teriyaki Chicken

I made Lemon Teriyaki Chicken, recipe was quite easy, not much more to add
other than 3/4 ts minced garlic and 1/2 ts sugar. The only bottle i had open
at the time was some Fluef de Loleil a french white table wine. Not sure if
this is the wine i should have servered. The Fleur de Loleil is 80% Ungi
Blanc and 20% Colmbard, which are two grapes i am unfamiliar with.

Could someone let me know what wine i should have served with this instead.
This was i very good recipe. I am very open to different wine regions of the
world.

Thank you
Mickel
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mar 8, 7:28*pm, mickel6830 > wrote:
> I made Lemon Teriyaki Chicken, recipe was quite easy, not much more to add
> other than 3/4 ts minced garlic and 1/2 ts sugar. *The only bottle i had open
> at the time was some Fluef de Loleil a french white table wine. *Not sure if
> this is the wine i should have servered. *The Fleur de Loleil is 80% Ungi
> Blanc and 20% Colmbard, which are two grapes i am unfamiliar with.
>
> Could someone let me know what wine i should have served with this instead.
> This was i very good recipe. *I am very open to different wine regions of the
> world.
>
> Thank you
> Mickel

Do you mean you added garlic and more sugar (and I assume lemon) to a
prepared teriyaki sauce? Usually to me teriyaki implies mirin, soy
sauce, and ginger. My initial instinct would be very light red. But if
lemon is prominent, then I think you're on the right track with white
wine. Personally, I'd probably go with an inexpensive Macon
(Chardonnay), but you could try a NZ Sauvignon Blanc, an Austrian
Gruner Veltliner, or many others. I'd stick with higher acid wines for
the most part. If the sweetnss is prominent, then choose a white that
isn't totally dry- an off-dry German Riesling or Loire chenin blanc
maybe.
Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW > wrote in news:cb703f2d-dae1-451e-a3f5-
:

> On Mar 8, 7:28*pm, mickel6830 > wrote:
>> I made Lemon Teriyaki Chicken, recipe was quite easy, not much more to

ad
>> other than 3/4 ts minced garlic and 1/2 ts sugar. *The only bottle i ha

> d open
>> at the time was some Fluef de Loleil a french white table wine. *Not su

> re if
>> this is the wine i should have servered. *The Fleur de Loleil is 80% Un

> gi
>> Blanc and 20% Colmbard, which are two grapes i am unfamiliar with.
>>
>> Could someone let me know what wine i should have served with this

instea
> d.
>> This was i very good recipe. *I am very open to different wine regions

> of the
>> world.
>>
>> Thank you
>> Mickel

> Do you mean you added garlic and more sugar (and I assume lemon) to a
> prepared teriyaki sauce? Usually to me teriyaki implies mirin, soy
> sauce, and ginger. My initial instinct would be very light red. But if
> lemon is prominent, then I think you're on the right track with white
> wine. Personally, I'd probably go with an inexpensive Macon
> (Chardonnay), but you could try a NZ Sauvignon Blanc, an Austrian
> Gruner Veltliner, or many others. I'd stick with higher acid wines for
> the most part. If the sweetnss is prominent, then choose a white that
> isn't totally dry- an off-dry German Riesling or Loire chenin blanc
> maybe.

Dale
Correct, that is exactly what i did. The garlic and sugar was apart of the
recipe. I thought it was worth mentioning, in case a the wine might have
been different, for different ingredient. The lemon was not that
prominent, but it was there.

You stated a very light red, could you give a few examples of grapes or
vinyards.

Thank you for all your assistance.

P.S. The french table wine was called Fleur de Soleil (not Loleil).

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mar 9, 9:05*pm, mickel6830 > wrote:
> DaleW > wrote in news:cb703f2d-dae1-451e-a3f5-
> :
>

> > On Mar 8, 7:28*pm, mickel6830 > wrote:
> >> I made Lemon Teriyaki Chicken, recipe was quite easy, not much more to

> ad
> >> other than 3/4 ts minced garlic and 1/2 ts sugar. *The only bottle i ha

> > d open
> >> at the time was some Fluef de Loleil a french white table wine. *Not su

> > re if
> >> this is the wine i should have servered. *The Fleur de Loleil is 80% Un

> > gi
> >> Blanc and 20% Colmbard, which are two grapes i am unfamiliar with.

> >> Could someone let me know what wine i should have served with this

> instea
> > d.
> >> This was i very good recipe. *I am very open to different wine regions

> > of the
> >> world.

> >> Thank you
> >> Mickel

> > Do you mean you added garlic and more sugar (and I assume lemon) to a
> > prepared teriyaki sauce? Usually to me teriyaki implies mirin, soy
> > sauce, and ginger. My initial instinct would be very light red. But if
> > lemon is prominent, then I think you're on the right track with white
> > wine. Personally, I'd probably go with an inexpensive Macon
> > (Chardonnay), but you could try a NZ Sauvignon Blanc, an Austrian
> > Gruner Veltliner, or many others. I'd stick with higher acid wines for
> > the most part. If the sweetnss is prominent, then choose a white that
> > isn't totally dry- an off-dry German Riesling or Loire chenin blanc
> > maybe.

> Dale
> Correct, that is exactly what i did. The garlic and sugar was apart of the
> recipe. *I thought it was worth mentioning, in case a the wine might have
> been different, for different ingredient. *The lemon was not that
> prominent, but it was there.
>
> You stated a very light red, could you give a few examples of grapes or
> vinyards.
>
> Thank you for all your assistance.
>
> P.S. The french table wine was called Fleur de Soleil (not Loleil).

Some examples of lighter reds might include Grignolino, Ruche, Schiava
from Italy. Gamay from Touraine or Beaujolais in France. Zweigelt
from Austria. Most of these can make weightier examples too, but odds
are in your favor. Some are grown in New World too. Best is to ask at
a good wine shop. If not too sweet or lemony, these might do well.

Of course, you could modify recipe to go with wine.If I were serving
Riesling, I might add more ginger to the sauce.

There's no perfect answer, try a few and experiment!