Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Just what the times call for - Good Cheap WIne

Perusing the veggie isle for basil I was suddenly interrupted by a
friendly fellow holding two bottles of wine who asked, "Do you drink
wine?" Which, for me, is a lot like asking a coyote if he likes cat.
Turns out he's the winemaker for Dobbin Lane Wines and he was visiting
supermarkets hustling his product. As I'm a little on the snobbish
side, but cheap snobbish, I was curious what the wine might be like,
especially at this PRICE! $6.95 for any of his cabs, merlots and
chardonnays. Generally that price range is a dead zone. A no go there
as in "If your wine is not worth at least 10 bucks, no thanks." I can
drink three bottle of Two Buck for that price. SURPRISE! Dobbin Lane
is either really smart or the other. I drank both their cab and
merlot and in this price range it's a winner. Simple fruits, smooth
follow through. It's a $10-20 wine at a Depression value. I think
this guy is smart. Good wine, good price. It's a buy.

The Wine Thief, www.TheWineryChannel.tv