Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Bottle Shock

I watched the movie "Bottle Shock" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0914797/
which is based on the "The story of the early days of California wine making
featuring the now infamous, blind Paris wine tasting of 1976 that has come
to be known as "Judgment of Paris"."

No recommendations here. :-((
Dee Dee

Posted to alt.food.wine

Dee Randall wrote:
> I watched the movie "Bottle Shock" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0914797/
> which is based on the "The story of the early days of California wine making
> featuring the now infamous, blind Paris wine tasting of 1976 that has come
> to be known as "Judgment of Paris"."
>
> No recommendations here. :-((

I take it that you didn't like the film much. I've only heard the
reviews of wine lovers, but they have been mostly negative on the
subject of the film.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

Mark wrote on Sun, 08 Feb 2009 22:40:27 -0500:

> Dee Randall wrote:
>> I watched the movie "Bottle Shock"
>> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0914797/
>> which is based on the "The story of the early days of
>> California wine making featuring the now infamous, blind
>> Paris wine tasting of 1976 that has come to be known as
>> "Judgment of Paris"."
>>
>> No recommendations here. :-((

> I take it that you didn't like the film much. I've only heard
> the reviews of wine lovers, but they have been mostly negative
> on the subject of the film.

I haven't seen the film yet and the book was far too long but I'd
dispute the word "infamous" about the tasting.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Feb 9, 10:34�am, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> �Mark �wrote �on Sun, 08 Feb 2009 22:40:27 -0500:
>
> > Dee Randall wrote:
> >> I watched the movie "Bottle Shock"
> >>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0914797/
> >> which is based on the "The story of the early days of
> >> California wine making featuring the now infamous, blind
> >> Paris wine tasting of 1976 that has come to be known as
> >> "Judgment of Paris"."

> >> No recommendations here. �:-((

> > I take it that you didn't like the film much. �I've only heard
> > the reviews of wine lovers, but they have been mostly negative
> > on the subject of the film.

> I haven't seen the film yet and the book was far too long but I'd
> dispute the word "infamous" about the tasting.
>
> --
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland
>
> Email, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

I did see the movie. While slightly entertaining it wasn't
even close to reality and the writers, producers, etc. took a lot of
artistic licence with the characters and the script. IMHO.
Posted to alt.food.wine

wrote:
> ?Mark ?wrote ?on Sun, 08 Feb 2009 22:40:27 -0500:
>
> > Dee Randall wrote:
> >> I watched the movie "Bottle Shock"
> >>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0914797/
> >> which is based on the "The story of the early days of
> >> California wine making featuring the now infamous, blind
> >> Paris wine tasting of 1976 that has come to be known as
> >> "Judgment of Paris"."

> >> No recommendations here. ?:-((

> > I take it that you didn't like the film much. ?I've only heard
> > the reviews of wine lovers, but they have been mostly negative
> > on the subject of the film.

> I haven't seen the film yet and the book was far too long but I'd
> dispute the word "infamous" about the tasting.
>
> --
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland
>
> Email, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

I did see the movie. While slightly entertaining it wasn't
even close to reality and the writers, producers, etc. took a lot of
artistic licence with the characters and the script. IMHO.

Cripes, I'd say they took artistic license. Barrett, the attorney, is the
main character -- what the hey happened to Grgich, the winemaker, in the
story; and that 'undertaker kid' in Six Feet Under -- yipes, they were
playing Six Feet Under music throughout the movie. From reading online, it
seems that Barrett and Grgich are both still-at-odds.

Dee Dee

Posted to alt.food.wine

Bi!! wrote:

> I did see the movie. While slightly entertaining it wasn't
> even close to reality and the writers, producers, etc. took a lot of
> artistic licence with the characters and the script. IMHO.

Yeah, I doubt that Bo Barrett, a winemaker for whom I have utmost
respect, appreciated his characterization in the film. ;-)

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Feb 9, 1:02�pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Bi!! wrote:
>
> > I did see the movie. �While slightly entertaining it wasn't
> > even close to reality and the writers, producers, etc. took a lot of
> > artistic licence with the characters and the script. IMHO.

> Yeah, I doubt that Bo Barrett, a winemaker for whom I have utmost
> respect, appreciated his characterization in the film. ;-)
>
> Mark Lipton
>
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: �http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

My understanding was that Spurrier went ballistic with his portrayal.
Posted to alt.food.wine

I enjoyed the film...I assumed most was fiction and Bo Barrett went up
higher in my book. Anyone that boxes with their kids are ok with me.

I have tought mine to box and its a great sport.

Dick

"Mark Lipton" > wrote in message
> Bi!! wrote:
>>
>> I did see the movie. While slightly entertaining it wasn't
>> even close to reality and the writers, producers, etc. took a lot of
>> artistic licence with the characters and the script. IMHO.

> Yeah, I doubt that Bo Barrett, a winemaker for whom I have utmost
> respect, appreciated his characterization in the film. ;-)
>
> Mark Lipton
>

> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

shock mission impossible casio g shock mtg corestrev General Cooking 0 26-09-2008 10:28 AM
Movie called "Bottle Shock" Richard Neidich Wine 8 22-09-2008 06:02 PM
"Bottle shock" AxisOfBeagles Winemaking 3 12-06-2007 04:25 PM
Bottle Shock Marty Phee Winemaking 14 04-01-2006 08:32 PM
Bottle shock? JM Winemaking 3 04-11-2004 03:27 PM