Posted to alt.food.wine

Default How will you celebrate the US election results?

I'm breaking out a chilled bottle of bubbly regardless
of the outcome. Of course I'll toast the winning candidates
I voted for, but most of all I'll celebrate the end of all
the obnoxious TV commercials.

I'm Dick R. and I approve this message. Aarg!
Posted to alt.food.wine

Dick R. wrote:
> I'm breaking out a chilled bottle of bubbly regardless
> of the outcome. Of course I'll toast the winning candidates
> I voted for, but most of all I'll celebrate the end of all
> the obnoxious TV commercials.

We're having a few people over tonight to watch election returns with
us. Because liquor sales are banned on election day, I had to turn to
the "ready to drink" rack for wines tonight. In the fridge I've got two
whites, a Movia Ribolla and a Vin de Savoie. I'll probably also open a
Bordeaux and a Beaujolais.

Vive la République!

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Dick R." wrote ..........

> I'm breaking out a chilled bottle of bubbly regardless
> of the outcome. Of course I'll toast the winning candidates
> I voted for, but most of all I'll celebrate the end of all
> the obnoxious TV commercials.
>
> I'm Dick R. and I approve this message. Aarg!

What presidential elections?

Oh yes, I remember!

Although New Zealand has its own parliamentary general election this coming
Saturday, the TV coverage (and to a lesser extent other media) of the US
Presidential election has totally dominated news here in NZ.

I have never known such "interest" in this small patch of the South Pacific.

So, I shall celebrate, but not the result (personally, I like the younger,
positive, more vibrant candidate who, in my mind, represents the future of
politics; whereas, it would probably benefit NZ more, by way of a beneficial
free trade agreement if the older gentleman gained the key to the
Whitehouse).

I shall drink a glass to the absence of the circus from our airwaves.

Best of luck to all US afw contributors, no matter which side of the
political divide your interests lie.

Cheers

st.helier

ps - It is 8am on Wednesday 5th here, as I write. I already know the result!
If anyone want to place a late bet, let me know.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 4, 2:07*pm, "st.helier" > wrote:
> "Dick R." wrote ..........
>

> > I'm breaking out a chilled bottle of bubbly regardless
> > of the outcome. Of course I'll toast the winning candidates
> > I voted for, but most of all I'll celebrate the end of all
> > the obnoxious TV commercials.

> > I'm Dick R. and I approve this message. Aarg!

> What presidential elections?
>
> Oh yes, I remember!
>
> Although New Zealand has its own parliamentary general election this coming
> Saturday, the TV coverage (and to a lesser extent other media) of the US
> Presidential election has totally dominated news here in NZ.

<snipped>

Saturday? That's a splendid idea! We should adopt that here in the
States, but I doubt we will.

Dan-O (and I ALSO approve the end of the commercials, Dick R.!)

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 3, 5:41*pm, "Dick R." > wrote:
> I'm breaking out a chilled bottle of bubbly regardless
> of the outcome. Of course I'll toast the winning candidates
> I voted for, but most of all I'll celebrate the end of all
> the obnoxious TV commercials.
>
> I'm Dick R. and I approve this message. Aarg!

Some nice Champagne if your side wins. A stiff drink of gentiane eau-
de-vie from Alsace if your side loses, or perhaps a large glass of
Cynar. If all else fails, a few absinthe drips made with plenty of
Jade Edouard, Roquette 1797, or Duplais absinthe. Then you will likely
forget the loss, until at least until the next morning.

Earlier, I would have suggested a large glass of castor oil for some
of the political ad writers for both sides.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 3, 6:41�pm, "Dick R." > wrote:
> I'm breaking out a chilled bottle of bubbly regardless
> of the outcome. Of course I'll toast the winning candidates
> I voted for, but most of all I'll celebrate the end of all
> the obnoxious TV commercials.
>
> I'm Dick R. and I approve this message. Aarg!

Going to watch at a party tonight.
Did a little work with masking tape and a marker, we'll carry a 2003
D�nnhoff *Obama* Leistenberg Riesling Kabinett and a 1998 Ellner
"Cuvee Prestige" Champagne
Posted to alt.food.wine

Dick R. wrote:
> I'm breaking out a chilled bottle of bubbly regardless
> of the outcome. Of course I'll toast the winning candidates
> I voted for, but most of all I'll celebrate the end of all
> the obnoxious TV commercials.
>
> I'm Dick R. and I approve this message. Aarg!

Here in France we have been spared the advertising blitz but
there is still a great deal of interest and coverage. To find
out the results we have to stay up until 4 or 5 am, which
we are attempting. Will be watching some coverage on Al Jezeera
(English version. I think that's how it's spelled anyway) which
should prove interesting, also BBC, Sky, Euronews, France24, LCI,
France Info and of course the stalwart and ever annoying CNN. All
these channels have special coverage scheduled.

A bottle of Piper is on ice, champommy for the kids watching their
first US presidential. (School vacations permit.) Unclear whether
at 5am anyone will want much of anything, regardless of who wins.

Adele has promised to "dance in the street" after a favourable result,
so I closed the gates assuming an early farmer might be about, and
call in the gendarmes. (Joking, actually only the boar and foxes are
likely to be about at that hour.)

I expect at least a couple of glasses of whusky to be consumed between
now and then, the thing really is interminable!

-E
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 17:41:49 -0600, "Dick R." > wrote:

>I'm breaking out a chilled bottle of bubbly regardless
>of the outcome. Of course I'll toast the winning candidates
>I voted for, but most of all I'll celebrate the end of all
>the obnoxious TV commercials.
>
>I'm Dick R. and I approve this message. Aarg!

I cracked a bottle of '93 Dom Perignon, just for starters. I figured
if there was ever a special occasion, this qualified. Followed that
with a Perrier Jouet and a rosé.

JJ

Posted to alt.food.wine
JB JB is offline

We had a bottle of Caymus cabernet 2000. Very tasty.